Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Creating UML2 ExpansionNode figure(How to partly overlap the ExpansionNode with the ExpansionRegion figure)
Creating UML2 ExpansionNode figure [message #511416] Mon, 01 February 2010 14:58 Go to next message
Niels Brouwers is currently offline Niels BrouwersFriend
Hi all,

I would like to request for some help regarding the placement of ExpansionNodes with respect to an ExpansionRegion figure.

See the fhe following link for an example figure which shows what I am trying to achieve:
http://www.gentleware.com/fileadmin/media/archives/userguide s/poseidon_users_guide/images/activity_expansion.png

The expansion region is the node which contains 5 nodes; one object, two actions and two expansion nodes. The expansion nodes are the figures which consist of 4 adjacent rectangles.

I have already managed to create a diagram allowing me to draw almost the same figure as shown in the example. The one thing I am currently stuck with is how to let the placement of the expansion nodes to partly overlap the expansion region. Can someone help me with achieving this in my own implementation?

Kind regards,
Niels Brouwers.
Re: Creating UML2 ExpansionNode figure [message #511628 is a reply to message #511416] Tue, 02 February 2010 10:42 Go to previous message
Niels Brouwers is currently offline Niels BrouwersFriend
Hi all,

I've found out how it was solved with the ActivityParameterNode, and I copied the method and got it working. The ActivityParameterNode uses a custom locator to partly overlap the activity:
org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.common.draw2d.BisectionBorderItemLo cator

However, a (although smaller) problem remains: when repositioning the ActivityParameterNode or the ExpansionNode, the node disappears from the diagram. When repositioning one of the other elements on the diagram, or saving the diagram and then reopen the diagram, the nodes appear on the new location.

Apparently, there is some bug within the custom locator. Anyone has experienced similar behavior? Is a fix available?

Kind regards,
Niels Brouwers.

Kind regards,
Niels Brouwers.
Previous Topic:Adding <<EClass>> to a node
Next Topic:own tab for Property view at runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:47:02 GMT 2024