Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » GMF Editor resolving SVG-Images to Resource
GMF Editor resolving SVG-Images to Resource [message #510655] Thu, 28 January 2010 09:23 Go to next message
Thomas is currently offline ThomasFriend
I got some questions about svg images and a gmf editor. when i am importing a svg file to a gmf editor,

I need to edit an svg image and set some more properties and export is as an *.[itsmyextension].

-How looks the (java/gmf) Resource of an SVG-Image (org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.resources). In other word, is the resource relevant, or is gmf managing this by its own and i don´t have to do anything with resources?

-Do i am able to edit elements of the image alone, or i am able to edit the image as one? (Edit a rect, circle, g-elements within an image?)
GMF uses batik, am i able to "split" an image to its simple svg elements?

Is GMF able to generate an editor with this functionality, or do i have to change generated code? (i think i have to change some code, but i want to generate the most).

What i am able to generate? Is this theoretical possible to do? I don´t want a java-code-solution...

Thanks
Re: GMF Editor resolving SVG-Images to Resource [message #510667 is a reply to message #510655] Thu, 28 January 2010 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

a basci support of SVG image exist in GMF experimental SDK. But I don't know how it works. I just use it to display it. No modifications on it.
Perhaps you can take a look.

Regards.

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Re: GMF Editor resolving SVG-Images to Resource [message #510712 is a reply to message #510655] Thu, 28 January 2010 12:08 Go to previous message
Thomas is currently offline ThomasFriend
Yes i do. I am not able to do it now, because i have not the time, so i ask it. I knew the basic support, and it works fine for me. But i have not tested or checked svg modification and how a svg pictures resource looks like.
Previous Topic:EditPolicy installed by parent of AffixedChild or ExternalLabel
Next Topic:GMF Compartments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:51:21 GMT 2024