Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » DSDP - Real-Time Software Components (RTSC) » Problems with CortexA9 target (gnu.targets.arm.GCArmv7A)
Problems with CortexA9 target (gnu.targets.arm.GCArmv7A) [message #510634] Thu, 28 January 2010 06:19 Go to next message
Brian Cruickshank is currently offline Brian CruickshankFriend
I'm trying to build an application using the CodeSourcery GNU tools for the CortexA9, but am running into a number of problems.

When you try to build a package using xdctools_3_16_02_32\packages\gnu\targets\arm\GCArmv7A target, the following error is displayed:

making package.mak (because of C:/Program) ...
js: "C:/Program Files/Texas Instruments/xdctools_3_16_02_32/packages/gnu/targets
/ITarget.xs", line 236: xdc.services.global.XDCException: gnu.targets.UNDEFINED_
EXECUTABLE: 'LONGNAME' must be defined for the target gnu.targets.arm.GCArmv7A
xdctools_3_16_02_32\gmake.exe: *** Deleting file `package.mak'
all files complete.

Looking at the GCArmv7A.xdc file, the LONGNAME config parameter is defined as:
override config string LONGNAME;

Hacking the ITarget.xs file as follows allows the xdc command to work when run from the command line:
if (target.LONGNAME == null) {
/* bc: added [... */
target.LONGNAME = "/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc";
/* ...] removed [...
throw new Packages.xdc.services.global.XDCException(
"gnu.targets.UNDEFINED_EXECUTABLE",
"'LONGNAME' must be defined for the target " + target.$name);
*/

}

But when I try to build the CCS configuration project that uses the packages built by the xdc command, I get the following error:
js: "C:\CCSv4 installs\CCSv4.2.0.05010\xdctools_3_16_02_32\packages\xdc\to ols\configuro\template\compiler.opt.xdt ", line 66: Error: template generation of 'compiler.opt' failed: xdc.services.global.XDCException: gnu.targets.UNDEFINED_EXECUTABLE: 'LONGNAME' must be defined for the target gnu.targets.arm.GCArmv7A
"./package.bld", line 62

Is there a fix or workaround available for this?

Regards,
Brian
Re: Problems with CortexA9 target (gnu.targets.arm.GCArmv7A) [message #510884 is a reply to message #510634] Thu, 28 January 2010 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Grosen is currently offline Mark GrosenFriend
Brian,

Ack! The string you found in ITarget.xs says "config" - that means you are supposed to set it - not hack it!. Here's what I put in my config.bld to initialize (configure) for building with the A9 target:

var A9 = xdc.useModule('gnu.targets.arm.GCArmv7A');
A9.rootDir = "c:/cs2008q3";
A9.LONGNAME = "bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc";
A9.platform = "ti.platforms.evm3530";

It's all documented:
http://rtsc.eclipse.org/docs-tip/Using_Targets_and_Platforms #Configuring_Targets

Mark
Re: Problems with CortexA9 target (gnu.targets.arm.GCArmv7A) [message #510895 is a reply to message #510884] Fri, 29 January 2010 03:48 Go to previous message
Brian Cruickshank is currently offline Brian CruickshankFriend
Mark
Thank you! For some reason I missed that page, and I never realized that what I was really doing when setting the .rootdir in the config.bld file was configuring a target module's configuration parameter!

The error that the script issued makes perfect sense now that I know where to set the configuration parameter.

Regards,
Brian
Previous Topic:Adding non-RTSC types into XDC file
Next Topic:reuse of command line RTSC build in CCSV4.0 IDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:11:31 GMT 2024