Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Problem loading plugin class from endorsed code
Problem loading plugin class from endorsed code [message #508732] Wed, 20 January 2010 01:08 Go to next message
Jeff is currently offline JeffFriend
Hello,

I am attempting to invoke a web service using the Metro library (https://metro.dev.java.net/) from within my RCP application. I bundled the relevant Metro jars (webservices-tools.jar, webservices-rt.jar, and webservices-api.jar) into a plugin and made my main application plugin depend on this new Metro plugin.

I also added the webservices-api.jar to my $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed directory. According to the Metro website, this is required when using Metro with Java 1.6.

Now when I invoke a web service, I get the following error:

javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Provider com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl not found
at javax.xml.ws.spi.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.jav a:38)
at javax.xml.ws.spi.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:133)
at javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider.provider(Provider.java:83)
at javax.xml.ws.Service.<init>(Service.java:56)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301 )
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.ContextFinder.load Class(ContextFinder.java:129)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
at javax.xml.ws.spi.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.jav a:34)
... 43 more

The class com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl resides in webservices-rt.jar, which is a part of my Metro plugin. Furthermore, I have verified that my application plugin code can successfully load this class, so I'm not sure why javax.xml.ws.spi.FactoryFinder can't.

Since javax.xml.ws.spi.FactoryFinder resides in webservices-api.jar (the jar I had to put in the jre's endorsed directory), I suspect that this has something to do with endorsed code not being able to load classes from an Eclipse plugin.

Is it the case that code loaded by the JVM from the endorsed directory cannot load classes from plugins? Is there any way to enable this?

Java version: 1.6.0_16
Eclipse version: Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers Build id: 20090920-1017 (it doesn't display a version beyond that)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Jeff
Re: Problem loading plugin class from endorsed code [message #510858 is a reply to message #508732] Thu, 28 January 2010 20:24 Go to previous message
Jeff is currently offline JeffFriend
For anyone else who runs into this problem, I was able to find a solution. I added the metro jars, along with the config directory containing my wsit configuration files, to the JVM's boot classpath using these JVM options:

-Xbootclasspath/a:./lib/webservices-api.jar
-Xbootclasspath/a:./lib/webservices-rt.jar
-Xbootclasspath/a:./lib/webservices-tools.jar
-Xbootclasspath/a:./config

The webservices-api.jar no longer needs to be in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed for this to work.

It is certainly not the normal Eclipse model, but this is the only way I have found to use Metro within an Eclipse RCP application with Java 1.6.

-Jeff
Previous Topic:Removing Keybinding Schemes and bindings
Next Topic:problem with setSelection() for Graphical view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:01:02 GMT 2024