Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » PDE Headless for building features not an RCP application
icon5.gif  PDE Headless for building features not an RCP application [message #507648] Thu, 14 January 2010 09:21 Go to next message
Adrian  is currently offline Adrian Friend
I would like to automate the build of my feature and update site with the PDE Headless build tool.

My scenario is that I have 1 plugin, and 1 feature that bundles that plugin. I would like to

1. Auto build the feature and plugin
2. Auto publish it to an update site

I have followed several tutorials and hacked around in the Ant Scripts provided but cannot seem to get anything working. My biggest frustration is that I cannot find official documentation on how to do this and the tutorials I am using may not be up-to-date. They also all seem to be focused on building an RCP standalone app.

Please can I be pointed to documentation that is up-to-date and would help me build my feature rather than an RCP app.

Thanks
Adrian
Re: PDE Headless for building features not an RCP application [message #507666 is a reply to message #507648] Thu, 14 January 2010 10:04 Go to previous message
Adrian  is currently offline Adrian Friend
I had a stroke of luck and came across the following link that solved my problems.

http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse .pde.doc.user/tasks/pde_feature_build.htm
Previous Topic:import of root files, root folders - but will be flatten
Next Topic:PDE Headless for building features not an RCP application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:25:27 GMT 2024