Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » question about the OSGi, equinox, eclipse(about OSGi installation)
question about the OSGi, equinox, eclipse [message #507646] Thu, 14 January 2010 09:17 Go to next message
Maziar Tasbihi is currently offline Maziar TasbihiFriend
Dear All,
I am new to this mailing group.
I have downloaded the eclipse file, eclipse-jee-galileo-SR1-win32.zip, and then I downloaded the jar file org.eclipse.osgi_3.5.1.R35x_v20090827.jar, but I could not get the OSGi to run. Is there some other file which maybe missing. For example, I do't have java installed and I am running java runtime environment 1.6, is this a problem?
I want to have some form of OSGi framework for experimentation, and I thought eclipse would be easiest, how may I proceed from here to setup the OSGi, load bundles, write simple bundles, etc?
Best regards,
Maziar Tasbihi
http://www.xing.com/profile/Maziar_Tasbihi
Re: question about the OSGi, equinox, eclipse [message #508434 is a reply to message #507646] Mon, 18 January 2010 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil Denis is currently offline Phil DenisFriend
Yeah, you should be using org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_xxx.jar. org.eclipse.osgi contains the framework implementation, but org.eclipse.equinox.launcher sets up the framework and starts it.

Try this:
java -jar org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_xxx.jar -console

HTH,
Phil
Re: question about the OSGi, equinox, eclipse [message #508533 is a reply to message #507646] Tue, 19 January 2010 10:41 Go to previous message
Maziar Tasbihi is currently offline Maziar TasbihiFriend
Hi Phil,
I will definitely try it out like you said. Meanwhile, I was just playing with my eclipse install after I downloaded the jar file I mentioned in the last message. I tried running the hello.world example on OSGi, which is in eclipse, if I am not mistaken, and there is was, OSGi framework was up in eclipse. I am not sure what steps I did, but it was definitely running because I have worked with OSGi some years ago, and this was definitely the framework telling me the bundle is loaded, or the start, stop conditions.
I however want to have an interesting example of this, suppose, there is an example bundle like the hello.world, and is pasing the inputs from serial port on the PC. Suppose on reception of certain flag on serial (port opened in characters mode), a task is to be started, something downloaded, etc., this would make it quite interesting.
Best regards,
Maziar
Previous Topic:Log4J bundle can load my classes without Eclipse-RegisterBuddy: org.apache.log4j
Next Topic:Do I have to remove BundleListeners when Bundles are uninstalled?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:54:30 GMT 2024