Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) » How do I use the DLTK JavaScript debugger?
icon5.gif  How do I use the DLTK JavaScript debugger? [message #507334] Tue, 12 January 2010 23:53 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I've been searching the forums for quite a while and can't seem to find an answer to what should be a very simple question, I think. I just installed the latest stable DLTK into a fresh Galileo install. I created a JavaScript project and a very simple JavaScript file in that project, but I can't figure out how to launch the debugger. I don't see any debug configurations for JavaScript. Is there some component of the plug-in that I haven't installed, or is there some indirect way to launch the debugger?

Sorry for the very basic question. Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT: I downloaded the JavaScript IDE portions from outside of Eclipse and dropped those in. Now I have "DLTK JavaScript" options for creating projects and source files, and I can debug/run as JavaScript, but when I try to do those nothing really happens. I mean, when I debug, it changes perspective but seems to hang until I stop the debugger. Doesn't hit any breakpoints or anything. It's like it's never managing to start the interpreter. Definitely progress, but still not able to run/debug. Thoughts?

[Updated on: Wed, 13 January 2010 00:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How do I use the DLTK JavaScript debugger? [message #541969 is a reply to message #507334] Wed, 23 June 2010 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vlad.balan Missing name is currently offline vlad.balan Missing nameFriend
Hello, did you find any solution to the problem? I'm not seeing JavaScript debug configuration in Eclipse Java EE ganymede 3.4.2 .

[Updated on: Wed, 23 June 2010 14:16]

Re: How do I use the DLTK JavaScript debugger? [message #541976 is a reply to message #507334] Wed, 23 June 2010 12:41 Go to previous message
vlad.balan Missing name is currently offline vlad.balan Missing nameFriend
what do you mean by this:

"I downloaded the JavaScript IDE portions from outside of Eclipse and dropped those in"

do you have a link pointing to the instructions

thanks.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 June 2010 14:16]

Previous Topic:Deprecated Class
Next Topic:TCL Interpreter minimum version ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:17:27 GMT 2024