Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » How to incorporate bash build scripts to an Eclipse project?
How to incorporate bash build scripts to an Eclipse project? [message #506883] Mon, 11 January 2010 09:17 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi there!

I am currently working in a c++ project under linux, and I use bash scripts to initiate the environment variables. I am trying to move to eclipse, but I have problems compiling my existing projects.

My project is in the folder:

/home/user/framework/app/myproject

I first need to go to

/home/user/framework/

and run locally a script setup (. ./setup)

and then I can go back to my project directory and run make (which points to make files in different directories, defined by environment variables set by the ./setup script)

Is there any way to overrule the default building rules of eclipse and add this script in the beginning in order to set the (many) environment variables automatically?

Cheers Smile
Re: How to incorporate bash build scripts to an Eclipse project? [message #506912 is a reply to message #506883] Mon, 11 January 2010 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
For my java project I use an 'externalToolBuilder' which is an Eclipse concept. I've never tried it for C++ but it may work too. In my case, every time I build my java project, I have this external builder also build some C code I have in that project, using make.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/FAQ_How_do_I_create_an_external_tool _builder%3F

Marc
Re: How to incorporate bash build scripts to an Eclipse project? [message #506915 is a reply to message #506883] Mon, 11 January 2010 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Quote:
Is there any way to overrule the default building rules of eclipse and add this script in the beginning in order to set the (many) environment variables automatically?

You can add an additional builder to your project (see Project Properties).

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: How to incorporate bash build scripts to an Eclipse project? [message #507105 is a reply to message #506915] Tue, 12 January 2010 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Thx a bunch Smile

It worked:-)
Re: How to incorporate bash build scripts to an Eclipse project? [message #900550 is a reply to message #507105] Tue, 07 August 2012 13:33 Go to previous message
jonathan ponroy is currently offline jonathan ponroyFriend
If author still look at his mail or forum Rolling Eyes , can you explain how you succeed to do this?
I try to do the same thing but i always lose variables between script and make.

Previous Topic:Compiling updated code
Next Topic:Intel tool chain for Remote C/C++ project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:21:58 GMT 2024