Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 Tools » How to generate UML Diagram from an existing UML file?
icon5.gif  How to generate UML Diagram from an existing UML file? [message #506642] Fri, 08 January 2010 08:26 Go to next message
Fabricio Pellegrini is currently offline Fabricio PellegriniFriend
Hi,

Anybody knows how to generate a .diagram from a existing .uml? I tried to use the DiagramEditorUtil.createDiagram() to generate both and after that I replace the the new uml file by the old uml. but it didn't work well.

Re: How to generate UML Diagram from an existing UML file? [message #506740 is a reply to message #506642] Sat, 09 January 2010 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vlad Varnica is currently offline Vlad VarnicaFriend
You have many different tricks which are either related to EMF open source technologies or to Omondo EclipseUML.

Concerning Omondo the way to rebuild a diagram from a .uml file is to Click on the .uml file in the Project Explorer > Open with Omondo XMI Editor and then drag and drop elements from the XMI editor into the empty class diagram.

The connectors option is available in the class diagram contextual menu > Association > Show All / Hide All.
Re: How to generate UML Diagram from an existing UML file? [message #506882 is a reply to message #506642] Mon, 11 January 2010 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Mising name is currently offline Peter Mising nameFriend
Hi,
take a look at UMLNewDiagramFileWizard.performFinish()

> Hi,
>
> Anybody knows how to generate a .diagram from a existing .uml? I tried
> to use the DiagramEditorUtil.createDiagram() to generate both and after
> that I replace the the new uml file by the old uml. but it didn't work
> well.
>
>
Re: How to generate UML Diagram from an existing UML file? [message #508330 is a reply to message #506882] Mon, 18 January 2010 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found there,
Thanks
Re: How to generate UML Diagram from an existing UML file? [message #625414 is a reply to message #506642] Sat, 09 January 2010 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vlad Varnica is currently offline Vlad VarnicaFriend
You have many different tricks which are either related to EMF open source technologies or to Omondo EclipseUML.

Concerning Omondo the way to rebuild a diagram from a .uml file is to Click on the .uml file in the Project Explorer > Open with Omondo XMI Editor and then drag and drop elements from the XMI editor into the empty class diagram.

The connectors option is available in the class diagram contextual menu > Association > Show All / Hide All.
Re: How to generate UML Diagram from an existing UML file? [message #625415 is a reply to message #506642] Mon, 11 January 2010 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Mising name is currently offline Peter Mising nameFriend
Hi,
take a look at UMLNewDiagramFileWizard.performFinish()

> Hi,
>
> Anybody knows how to generate a .diagram from a existing .uml? I tried
> to use the DiagramEditorUtil.createDiagram() to generate both and after
> that I replace the the new uml file by the old uml. but it didn't work
> well.
>
>
Re: How to generate UML Diagram from an existing UML file? [message #625424 is a reply to message #506882] Mon, 18 January 2010 13:19 Go to previous message
I found there,
Thanks
Previous Topic:[Help] How to open the UML editor on READ ONLY
Next Topic:Can UML2Tool generate diagram from existing class file?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:48:13 GMT 2024