Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Specify Executables in CPP Makefile Project(Launch Failed. Binary not found.)
Specify Executables in CPP Makefile Project [message #506468] Thu, 07 January 2010 11:09 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hello,

I'm new to eclipse. One of my design requirements is the ability to generate multiple executables in a single CPP project - which forces me to use a custom makefile.

My makefile generates the desired executables as expected, which is good. Unfortunately, eclipse doesn't know where to find these executables. Thus, when I click the little green play button, I get an error message stating "Launch Failed. Binary not found." Eclipse is just looking in the wrong place. How can I specify the build destination so eclipse can find the proper executables?

Thanks!
Re: Specify Executables in CPP Makefile Project [message #506802 is a reply to message #506468] Sun, 10 January 2010 12:20 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Go to Project Properties->C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols and specify the Output Location (folder where your executables reside).

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Problem with template Class and file linking
Next Topic:Macro parameters can not appear MessageBox prompt.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:10:31 GMT 2024