Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Memory usage and performance degrade for large files
Memory usage and performance degrade for large files [message #506312] Wed, 06 January 2010 17:53 Go to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Hi,

I've been editing a number of very large files, and I'm having real performance issues that look to be some kind of memory issues. Everything is very snappy and then over an editing session the performance degrades markedly to where the editors take a minute or two to update. This happens most obviously for validating, but even the compare editors slow down to a crawl. Here are details:

3.5.1 20090917
OSX 64 Mac Pro w/ 8GB ram
WTP 20090810

Using plain html editor with CSS and browser -- I'm not typically using the Web Page editor.

This is a bit too vague to do a bug report but at this point I'm wondering wether there are known issues with this, wether other's are experiencing the same sort of issues and wether I can provide more info to WTP team. I'm not even sure that it's a WTP issue at all, it could just be the file mix I'm working with. WTP is a really nice tool that I use a lot so it would be nice to get this sorted. Smile

cheers,

Miles
Re: Memory usage and performance degrade for large files [message #506325 is a reply to message #506312] Thu, 07 January 2010 01:06 Go to previous message
David Carver is currently offline David CarverFriend
This could be related to:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=265775

Which is about the XML editor and memory usage. Also how much Heap space are you giving the editors. Unfortunately the WTP source editors are pretty memory intensive.

Previous Topic:Web page editor intermittently does not show JSF design
Next Topic:How to write validate results to console and not popup?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:21:20 GMT 2024