Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Maven Eclipse Plugin and compile errors(workspace resolution?)
Maven Eclipse Plugin and compile errors [message #505214] Mon, 28 December 2009 16:24
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
I am using Eclipse 3.51, Maven 2.0.9, Java 1.4, with the Maven Eclipse plugin (not m2Eclipse).

I have a flat multi module project that is set up as follows (module Parent with the parent pom, module A and B is dependent on C).

Importing the four modules in for the first time will show compile errors as expected since I have not ran the eclipse plugin. With my local repository empty, running eclipse clean will resolve all compile errors and dependencies within the my local workspace.

If I were to make some minor code changes to module B and run the eclipse plugin again, compile errors would show up in module A and B. Compile errors about classes that cannot be found. Its like module C is no longer in the classpath for A and B to see.

I look at the .classpath file and its definitely looking at the right modules in the Eclipse workspace. If I delete the maven repository and do the eclipse clean again, the compile errors about unresolved classes are fixed.

Whats going on?
Previous Topic:Generate a custom Extension Point Reference
Next Topic:hyper link in console view?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:33:22 GMT 2024