Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Maven Integration (M2E) » DisplayTag Maven Dependencies Error
DisplayTag Maven Dependencies Error [message #505179] Mon, 28 December 2009 11:44
john smith is currently offline john smithFriend
Hi All:

I am new to displaytag and Maven. I download the displaytag-examples from the url "http://sourceforge.net/projects/displaytag/files/" it is part of the "displaytag-1.2-src.zip"
I am using Eclipse 3.5 and Weblogic 11g.
I got all of the artifacts download. I was able to do "Mavern Install" and "Mavern Package" successfully on the project

In the "displaytag-example" java project. I see the following Problem "Description Resource Path Location Type
The container 'Maven Dependencies' references non existing library 'C:\Documents and Settings\alam\.m2\repository\commons-lang\commons-lang\2.3\c ommons-lang-2.3.jar' displaytag-examples Build path Build Path Problem
"
I ran the following command and the jar file was copy to the respective directory under .m2:
mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=commons-lang -DartifactId=commons-lang -Dversion=2.3 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/test5/commons-lang-2.3.jar

But I noticed that in the directory C:\Documents and Settings\alam\.m2\repository\commons-lang\commons-lang\2.3 there was only the commons-lang-2.3.jar file but the following files doesnot exist:
commons-lang-2.3.jar.sha1
commons-lang-2.3.pom
commons-lang-2.3.pom.sha1

This is the result of running the following command:
mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=commons-lang -DartifactId=commons-lang -Dversion=2.3 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/test5/commons-lang-2.3.jar

Result:
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'install'.
[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from plugin-central
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.apache.maven.plugins' could not be retri
eved from repository: plugin-central due to an error: Error transferring file: t
orapprd08
[INFO] Repository 'plugin-central' will be blacklisted
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO] task-segment: [install:install-file] (aggregator-style)
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
[INFO] [install:install-file {execution: default-cli}]
[INFO] Installing C:\test5\commons-lang-2.3.jar to C:\Docume~1\alam\.m2\reposito
ry\commons-lang\commons-lang\2.3\commons-lang-2.3.jar
[INFO] BUILD SUCCESSFUL
[INFO] Total time: 3 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Dec 28 03:33:13 EST 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 3M/6M

The strange thing is that even in the pom.xml dependencies I changed it to common-lang:2.4 and I made sure in the local maven repository "C:\Documents and Settings\alam\.m2\repository\commons-lang\commons-lang\2.4" exists with the correct
jar but I don't know why my java project in eclipse 3.5 is giving the error:
Description Resource Path Location Type
The container 'Maven Dependencies' references non existing library 'C:\Documents and Settings\alam\.m2\repository\commons-lang\commons-lang\2.3\c ommons-lang-2.3.jar' displaytag-examples Build path Build Path Problem

I donot see 2.3 being referenced in the pom.xml. Could it be somewhere else being referenced in the eclipse project. If so where?

Any help or hint would be greatly appreciated it!!!

Yours,

Frustrated.

Previous Topic:import projects from SCM: choose base folder?
Next Topic:Accessing effective POM - AbstractProjectConfigurator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:45:46 GMT 2024