Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Workbench and Object-relational nested table mappings(Workbench 2.x support for nested tables)
Workbench and Object-relational nested table mappings [message #505089] Sat, 26 December 2009 13:16 Go to next message
Andrew Hume is currently offline Andrew HumeFriend
Hi

I used TopLink many years ago but am new to EclipseLink. I would like to use EclipseLink against a database that uses Oracle Objects and Nested Tables.

Reading the wiki site and using Workbench suggests that

1. Workbench itself does not support Nested tables.
(When I import a table, it replaces the nested data types with VARCHAR2(16)).
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Introduction_to_Object-Relational_Da ta_Type_Mappings_%28ELUG%29#Object-Relational_Data_Type_Nest ed_Table_Mapping

2. There are a number of bugs in the core EclipseLink implementation in respect of nested tables.

It is a goal of 2.x to support Oracle Objects / Nested Tables, or does the community see these as little used edge cases, and hence a low priority?

Just want to get a steer in terms of whether this is something that will get better support in time, and if so when.

Thanks
Andrew
Re: Workbench and Object-relational nested table mappings [message #505748 is a reply to message #505089] Mon, 04 January 2010 18:40 Go to previous message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

Nested tables is a fringe feature, but if you find issues with it, they will be addressed the same as any other bug.

There is little new development being done on nested tables and object-types.

The Mapping Workbench will not have nested table support, and is not undergoing active development in general. Our focus is JPA, and UI focus is integration through IDE's JPA support, such as Eclipse Dali.

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Previous Topic:JPA 2.0 BUG
Next Topic:JPA 2.0 and MySQL 5.1 ERROR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:09:57 GMT 2024