Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Unsing p2 director in an RCP application
Unsing p2 director in an RCP application [message #504307] Fri, 18 December 2009 09:23 Go to next message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

Hello,

I am trying to use p2 director in my RCP application, so that I can install my test feature using p2, and then avoid a lot of headaches hunting missing dependencies and conflicts.
Then I try to run the classic p2 director command-line to install my feature in my product:

java -jar plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715. jar -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -artifactRepository file:/home/mistria/build/tmpUpdate/ -metadataRepository file:/home/mistria/build/tmpUpdate/ -installIU org.bonitasoft.studio.tests.feature.group -consoleLog

But it returns me that it is "Missing required argument -destination". I took a look at docuentation to learn more about this property (-destination), and I do not understand why it is necessary in my case. Nevermind, I tried with setting this property by adding "-desination $(pwd)", but it tells me that it cannot find some dependencies of my feature.

I've also red Kai's blog entry about RCP p2 self provisionning and ensured all necessary plugins are available in my product.

Can someone help me to figure out why I cannot use p2 director?

--
Mickael Istria - BonitaSoft S.A.
http://www.bonitasoft.com/products/downloads.php
Re: Unsing p2 director in an RCP application [message #504654 is a reply to message #504307] Mon, 21 December 2009 22:09 Go to previous message
Phil Denis is currently offline Phil DenisFriend
I'd recommend running the P2 director application in debug mode and putting a breakpoint in the method executePlan of org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper. Inspect the IStatus object that executePlan returns and see if it has additional information to help trace the error. Alternatively, if you don't have source for the P2 director bundle, just add a "Java Exception Breakpoint" for the type CoreException. The director application is hiding the details of the failed status from you, so you need to dig a little deeper to see what the cause of the problem is.

Another option would be to try to install your feature into an Eclipse installation using Install New Software. This wizard does a much better job at displaying WHY the feature could not be installed than director does...
Previous Topic:Jetty on OSGi - Servlet concurrency
Next Topic:p2 install UI wants to reinstall core platform?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:34:25 GMT 2024