Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » - P2 - No action found for: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.addRepository.
- P2 - No action found for: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.addRepository. [message #504292] Fri, 18 December 2009 05:53 Go to next message
sommer  is currently offline sommer Friend
Hello everyone,
I am sorry to post this one again. I already posted it in the p2 dev - Forum but it seems nothing happens there. And it seems question depending p2 are answered in this forum.

We have a working update site for a rcp-product and we use eclipse3.4. I created the product with the org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.
Now we want to upgrade to 3.5 and there starts the problem. If I use the same configuration with the change of some depending plugins I can create a running rcp product but I cannot add repositories to the available software site page because the add button is missing. Then I read of the possibility to use the p2.inf file. Now the rcp product shows the update site.
If I want to upgrade the rcp-product directly from the update site, because that is what I have to do with around 30 installations, the upgrade first seems to work. But then after everything is downloaded I get the following error while configuring the rcp-product bundle:

An error occurred while configuring the installed items
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No action found for: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.addRepository.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.InstructionParser.loo kupAction(InstructionParser.java:66)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.InstructionParser.par seAction(InstructionParser.java:44)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.InstructionParser.par seActions(InstructionParser.java:34)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Installab leUnitPhase.getActions(InstallableUnitPhase.java:161)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Co nfigure.getActions(Configure.java:34)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Installab leUnitPhase.getActions(InstallableUnitPhase.java:117)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.mai nPerform(Phase.java:111)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:79)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Installab leUnitPhase.perform(InstallableUnitPhase.java:53)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:46)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.PhaseSet. perform(PhaseSet.java:38)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Engine.pe rform(Engine.java:53)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.ui.operations.Pr ovisioningUtil.performProvisioningPlan(ProvisioningUtil.java :265)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.ui.operations.Pr ofileModificationOperation.doExecute(ProfileModificationOper ation.java:58)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.ui.operations.Pr ovisioningOperation.execute(ProvisioningOperation.java:40)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.ui.ProvisioningO perationRunner$1.run(ProvisioningOperationRunner.java:94)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

In all other posts there is the hint to use the fully qualified name. But that is what I am doing.
Is there a problem because the addRepository-action didn't exist under 3.4? But I thought this should not make any problem configuring the new product depending on 3.5.
If I upgrade the 3.4-version to 3.5 without the p2.inf it works, but all Update-site setting are lost and cannot be added directly because of the missing add button.

I hope you understand my problem and can help me.
Hauke
Re: - P2 - No action found for: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.addRepository. [message #504652 is a reply to message #504292] Mon, 21 December 2009 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil Denis is currently offline Phil DenisFriend
Do you have the following bundles in your product configuration:
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.native

Neither of these bundles is required by any of the P2 provisioning bundles, so "Add required plugins" won't pick them up. You have to check them off manually...

HTH,
Phil
Re: - P2 - No action found for: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.addRepository. [message #504703 is a reply to message #504652] Tue, 22 December 2009 09:43 Go to previous message
sommer  is currently offline sommer Friend
Hi Phil,
thanks for your answer but it didn't really help me. I have these two bundles installed in my product.
My Problem is not to have an Update Site in my product but the upgrade from the 3.4-product to 3.5.
Standalone they both work.

Thanks Hauke

Previous Topic:ExtensionRegistryTestSupport
Next Topic:DS & lazy loading of services
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:12:51 GMT 2024