Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Babel » Signing jar problem(When I sign jar xxx.nl_xxx manifest.mf is wrong)
Signing jar problem [message #503862] Wed, 16 December 2009 07:20 Go to next message
Hoang-Quan is currently offline Hoang-QuanFriend
Hello,

I have a problem when I sign fragments plugins packages languages.
The jars are signed but the file manifest.mf is changed and information on the bundle are removed.
The following data is removed from the file manifest.mf:
Quote:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-Name: org.eclipse.core.commands French NLS Support
Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.core.commands.nl_fr ;singleton=true
Bundle-Version: 3.4.0.v20081123043401
Bundle-Vendor: Eclipse.org
Fragment-Host: org.eclipse.core.commands

There remains only the information on the signing:
Quote:

Name: plugin_fr.properties
SHA1-Digest: Vigk0ly8waWzdFFZzSZEA1UvS9Y=

Name: about.html
SHA1-Digest: VpXXGnjM0HeeD/l2/5T0GziCHVE=

Name: META-INF/eclipse.inf
SHA1-Digest: 6mDW8kS/T9pK7w1by/wcxy21Z20=

Someone would have an idea?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Hoang-Quan
Re: Signing jar problem [message #504779 is a reply to message #503862] Tue, 22 December 2009 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse Webmaster is currently offline Eclipse WebmasterFriend
On 12/16/2009 02:20 AM, Hoang-Quan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem when I sign fragments plugins packages languages.
> The jars are signed but the file manifest.mf is changed and information
> on the bundle are removed.
> The following data is removed from the file manifest.mf:
> Quote:
>> Manifest-Version: 1.0
>> Bundle-Name: org.eclipse.core.commands French NLS Support
>> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.core.commands.nl_fr ;singleton=true
>> Bundle-Version: 3.4.0.v20081123043401
>> Bundle-Vendor: Eclipse.org
>> Fragment-Host: org.eclipse.core.commands
>
> There remains only the information on the signing:
> Quote:
>> Name: plugin_fr.properties
>> SHA1-Digest: Vigk0ly8waWzdFFZzSZEA1UvS9Y=
>>
>> Name: about.html
>> SHA1-Digest: VpXXGnjM0HeeD/l2/5T0GziCHVE=
>>
>> Name: META-INF/eclipse.inf
>> SHA1-Digest: 6mDW8kS/T9pK7w1by/wcxy21Z20=
>
> Someone would have an idea?
> Thank you in advance for your help.

How are you signing your jars? Are you using jarsigner and a code
signing cert?
Re: Signing jar problem [message #504856 is a reply to message #504779] Wed, 23 December 2009 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your reply.

I used the "export wizard" feature.xml and I also sign the jar with the command jarsigner.
Both ways gave the same result.
Yes I use a certificate.

Hoang-Quan
Re: Signing jar problem [message #509035 is a reply to message #504856] Thu, 21 January 2010 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TW  is currently offline TW Friend
Hi,

did you find a solution to fix your problem.

I have a similar problem when exporting my producs with ant scripts.
I added some language packs and want to sign my jars. The standard eclipse plugins and features are already signed by eclipse. But the language files (plugins) which I downloaded from the babel website are not signed.

During the build process these unsigned language plugins get signed with my signature and end up in the structure you discribed earlier.

Because of this it is not possible to launch my product with the language packs.

If I don't sign jars => Product launches in german language
If I sign jars => Product does launch in english language

I think this has something to do with signing the jars.
A solution would be to exclude the language plugins from the sign process, but I would have to all plugins manually.

Is there any other solution or are there any signed babel language packs?

Thanks
Re: Signing jar problem [message #509041 is a reply to message #509035] Thu, 21 January 2010 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi I found something interesting here.

Are you building with 1.5.xx or 1.6.xx (sounds like with 1.6.xx the manifest.mf will not be overwritten).

http:// stackoverflow.com/questions/1877552/how-can-i-sign-an-osgi-b undle-with-ant-without-overwriting-the-manifest-mf-conten
Re: Signing jar problem [message #509119 is a reply to message #509041] Thu, 21 January 2010 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I tried to sign my jar with jdk 1.6.xx and it works.
I conducted a second test with an old jdk I had 1.5.0_12 and it works well.
By cons with jdk 1.5.0_18 and 1.5.0_20 that does not work anymore.

I found this post on sun bug jarsigner :
http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6712755

Thank you very much for your answer, you helped me a lot.
Re: Signing jar problem [message #509143 is a reply to message #509119] Thu, 21 January 2010 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

great to hear that your build now works correctly.

I have one question did I understand you right, that you can build with 1.5.0_12 and sign unsigned jars but with 1.5.0_18 and _20 it doesnt work. I think we used _9 and _16 but were not successful.

Can you post me a quote from your build properties where you set the jarsigner with the properties.

I want to check If he have the same properties and correct ours If this is necessary because we are not able to switch to 1.6.xx at the moment

Thanks
Re: Signing jar problem [message #509187 is a reply to message #509143] Thu, 21 January 2010 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The build of the application is done with jdk 1.5.0_20.
I use a feature to export project and sign the jar. The feature project uses windows environment variables to select the jdk to use for signing jars.
In the environment variables I set the jdk 1.5.0_12.

In doing so it works.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 January 2010 15:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Signing jar problem [message #509809 is a reply to message #509187] Mon, 25 January 2010 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I think this is a good solution. I would like to do it the same way but didn't understand the build process you use completely.

I would like to build my application with JDK 1.5.x and sign my jars with 1.6 because in 1.6 this bug has been fixed.

You say that you build your application with JDK 1.5.0_20. So how do you build your application, with Ant Skripts, or do you build your executable file with another method?

Can you explain the thing with the feature which selects the jdk from a environment variable a little more detailed?

Thanks
TW

Re: Signing jar problem [message #580222 is a reply to message #504779] Wed, 23 December 2009 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your reply.

I used the "export wizard" feature.xml and I also sign the jar with the command jarsigner.
Both ways gave the same result.
Yes I use a certificate.
--
Hoang-Quan

Hoang-Quan
Re: Signing jar problem [message #580453 is a reply to message #580222] Thu, 21 January 2010 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

did you find a solution to fix your problem.

I have a similar problem when exporting my producs with ant scripts.
I added some language packs and want to sign my jars. The standard eclipse plugins and features are already signed by eclipse. But the language files (plugins) which I downloaded from the babel website are not signed.

During the build process these unsigned language plugins get signed with my signature and end up in the structure you discribed earlier.

Because of this it is not possible to launch my product with the language packs.

If I don't sign jars => Product launches in german language
If I sign jars => Product does launch in english language

I think this has something to do with signing the jars.
A solution would be to exclude the language plugins from the sign process, but I would have to all plugins manually.

Is there any other solution or are there any signed babel language packs?

Thanks
Re: Signing jar problem [message #580466 is a reply to message #580453] Thu, 21 January 2010 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi I found something interesting here.

Are you building with 1.5.xx or 1.6.xx (sounds like with 1.6.xx the manifest.mf will not be overwritten).

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1877552/how-can-i-sign-an -osgi-bundle-with-ant-without-overwriting-the-manifest-mf-co nten
Re: Signing jar problem [message #580489 is a reply to message #580466] Thu, 21 January 2010 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I tried to sign my jar with jdk 1.6.xx and it works.
I conducted a second test with an old jdk I had 1.5.0_12 and it works well.
By cons with jdk 1.5.0_18 and 1.5.0_20 that does not work anymore.

I found this post on sun bug jarsigner :
http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6712755

Thank you very much for your answer, you helped me a lot.

Hoang-Quan
Re: Signing jar problem [message #580505 is a reply to message #580489] Thu, 21 January 2010 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

great to hear that your build now works correctly.

I have one question did I understand you right, that you can build with 1.5.0_12 and sign unsigned jars but with 1.5.0_18 and _20 it doesnt work. I think we used _9 and _16 but were not successful.

Can you post me a quote from your build properties where you set the jarsigner with the properties.

I want to check If he have the same properties and correct ours If this is necessary because we are not able to switch to 1.6.xx at the moment

Thanks
Re: Signing jar problem [message #580521 is a reply to message #580505] Thu, 21 January 2010 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The build of the application is done with jdk 1.5.0_20.
I use a feature to export project and sign the jar. The feature project uses windows environment variables to select the jdk to use for signing jars.
In the environment variables I set the jdk 1.5.0_12.

In doing so it works.
--
Hoang-Quan

Hoang-Quan
Re: Signing jar problem [message #580562 is a reply to message #580521] Mon, 25 January 2010 13:41 Go to previous message
Hi,

I think this is a good solution. I would like to do it the same way but didn't understand the build process you use completely.

I would like to build my application with JDK 1.5.x and sign my jars with 1.6 because in 1.6 this bug has been fixed.

You say that you build your application with JDK 1.5.0_20. So how do you build your application, with Ant Skripts, or do you build your executable file with another method?

Can you explain the thing with the feature which selects the jdk from a environment variable a little more detailed?

Thanks
TW
Previous Topic:where can i find the BableLangugaePack for cdt 6.0?
Next Topic:customize strings/translations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:17:16 GMT 2024