Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Regenerating model code
Regenerating model code [message #503745] Tue, 15 December 2009 15:33 Go to next message
Milan Milanovich is currently offline Milan MilanovichFriend
Hi,

regarding previous topic, I found a problem with regenerating model code. I.e., when I change my domain ecore model and want to generate model code again.

As far as I can see, the problem is when I click in genmodel to Generate Model Code,
it generates the code correctly, however nothing is added to plugin.xml (Extensions) or manifest.mf
(Exported packages).

How can I solve this problem?

btw- I'm using Eclipse Modeling Galileo + JDK6.

--
Thanks, Milan

[Updated on: Tue, 15 December 2009 15:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Regenerating model code [message #503898 is a reply to message #503745] Wed, 16 December 2009 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gary s thompson is currently offline gary s thompsonFriend
Milan Milanovich wrote on Tue, 15 December 2009 10:33
Hi,

regarding previous topic, I found a problem with regenerating model code. I.e., when I change my domain ecore model and want to generate model code again.

As far as I can see, the problem is when I click in genmodel to Generate Model Code,
it generates the code correctly, however nothing is added to plugin.xml (Extensions) or manifest.mf
(Exported packages).

--
Thanks, Milan

Re: Regenerating model code [message #503900 is a reply to message #503898] Wed, 16 December 2009 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Empty message?
Re: Regenerating model code [message #503901 is a reply to message #503745] Wed, 16 December 2009 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gary s thompson is currently offline gary s thompsonFriend
Milan Milanovich wrote on Tue, 15 December 2009 10:33
Hi,

(Exported packages).

Hi Milan
my understanding is that manifest.mf and plugins.xml files cannot be merged to [emf can only merge to java files] i believe. So to regenerate them make a backup copy of them or delete them before you generate.

here is a quote from the emf book 2nd ed (about page 600) which discusses the topic in the context of regenerating an editor plugin as part of an rcp application but which is addressing the same problem as here I think

After saving the .gemodel file and generating the code, you will be able to run
the RCP application. Before jumping into it though, it is important to point out
that the value of the RCP property affects the contents of the generated plug-
in.xml and META-INF/MANIFEST.MF files in the editor plug-in. If you are
regenerating over an existing plug-in, you will need to delete these files because
EMF cannot merge changes into them. Note that the model, edit, and test plug-
ins are not affected at all by the RCP property.

regards
gary

Quote:

--
Thanks, Milan

Re: Regenerating model code [message #503909 is a reply to message #503901] Wed, 16 December 2009 11:16 Go to previous message
Dear Gary,

good, thank you! I missed that part in the book Wink.

--
Best regards, Milan
Previous Topic:[CDO] Exception on commit
Next Topic:[Announce] EMF Teneo Builds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:37:25 GMT 2024