Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » How to create a Diagram Label outside of corresponding Node?( )
icon5.gif  How to create a Diagram Label outside of corresponding Node? [message #503578] Mon, 14 December 2009 13:41 Go to next message
st oehm is currently offline st oehmFriend
Hi all,

following situation: I have a Node that is displayed as an ellipse. Now I would like to have a Diagram Label where I can type the name of the Node, but on the outside of it.

I know there's a property 'External' for every Diagram Label, but I have to include a Child Access to define that the Diagram Label belongs to the Node (couldn't find another way) and because of that the 'External' property is set to 'false' and can't be changed.

Does anyone have an idea on this subject? Help would appreciated be very much.

Thanks and best regards,
stoehm

P.S.: is there a possibility to define that the ellipse of the Node isn't resizable by pulling it apart?
Re: How to create a Diagram Label outside of corresponding Node? [message #503594 is a reply to message #503578] Mon, 14 December 2009 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I found the property 'Resize Constraint' in the Node definition, so you can scratch the question post scriptum.

I couldn't find the solution to the Diagram Label problem, though.
Re: How to create a Diagram Label outside of corresponding Node? [message #503788 is a reply to message #503578] Tue, 15 December 2009 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I solved the problem.

Simply create a new Diagram Label and set its 'External' property to 'true' in the .gmfgraph file. Then assign this Diagram Label to the 'Feature Label Mapping' of the corresponding Node in the .gmfmap file.
Re: How to create a Diagram Label outside of corresponding Node? [message #504168 is a reply to message #503788] Thu, 17 December 2009 09:38 Go to previous message
Sven Krause is currently offline Sven KrauseFriend
Ho stoehm,

The api says this attribute is settable="false". So means there is no
setter and the xml syntax doesn't know the attribute, since its marked
as transient in the ecore model.

How did you set the "external" property? I'm interrested in using labels
outside the box too.

Sven

stoehm schrieb:
> I solved the problem.
> Simply create a new Diagram Label and set its 'External' property to
> 'true' in the .gmfgraph file. Then assign this Diagram Label to the
> 'Feature Label Mapping' of the corresponding Node in the .gmfmap file.
Previous Topic:Problem with "clickable" Figures
Next Topic:Different (looking) figures for printing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:01:33 GMT 2024