Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Adding a list with multiple Columns to a PreferencePage(Adding a list with multiple Columns to a PreferencePage)
Adding a list with multiple Columns to a PreferencePage [message #503553] Mon, 14 December 2009 11:58 Go to next message
Martin D is currently offline Martin DFriend
The standard PDE way of adding Preference is to use field editors (for Boolean, String, Integer..) and subclass FieldEditorPreferencePage.

I'd like to integrate a list similar to the 'Network Connections' List in Preferences. A Basic List with Add / Edit / Remove functionality for multiple columns.

I'm intrested how this List is implemented
I tryed to find the Class Presenting the "Network Connections List"
in the Eclipse sourceBuild by searching for strings appearing on the UI but no results.

Can you help?
Re: Adding a list with multiple Columns to a PreferencePage [message #503652 is a reply to message #503553] Tue, 15 December 2009 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, I found it, it's org.eclipse.ui.net\src\org\eclipse\ui\internal\net\ProxyPref erencePage.java I'm still wondering there is no Abstract List I could use
Re: Adding a list with multiple Columns to a PreferencePage [message #504076 is a reply to message #503652] Thu, 17 December 2009 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neopux Missing name is currently offline Neopux Missing nameFriend

Why don't you implement it by yourself? It does not take a lot of time.
You can create child composite
Composite child = new Composite(getFieldEditorParent(), SWT.NONE);
and then add FiledEditors and you own controls( for ex. List) to it.

With the best regards,
Irn.
Re: Adding a list with multiple Columns to a PreferencePage [message #504080 is a reply to message #504076] Thu, 17 December 2009 07:30 Go to previous message
I wanted to check if there is a List I could use I wasn't sure there is no as I'm new to PDE.
There is a TemplatePreferencePage http:// help.eclipse.org/help32/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/r eference/api/org/eclipse/ui/texteditor/templates/TemplatePre ferencePage.html but it has too much functionality (Export,Import.. Buttons)

So I'll have to implement it on my own
Previous Topic:director installs automatically all optional bundles of a IU
Next Topic:Adding a list with multiple Columns to a PreferencePage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:26:19 GMT 2024