Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Updating Infocenter help plugin issues
Updating Infocenter help plugin issues [message #503316] Fri, 11 December 2009 19:35 Go to next message
L. Frank Turovich is currently offline L. Frank TurovichFriend
I am trying to update our infocenter help plugins and am having some odd issues I just can't seem to track down.

Essentially, we have a public online help center that we released earlier in the year using out product manual's plugins. Worked like a champ but now we want to update to the latest docs. This is where the trouble comes in.

If I copy the new help plugins into the old 3.4 infocenter, rebuild the localhost files then some manuals appear, but some do not. If I build the 3.5 infocenter, again, some manuals appear, some do not. In neither case does the latest product plugin appear to be seen and brand the site.

I've spent the last 2 days trying to discern a difference between the old help plugins and the new versions and except for content changes, they have not changed much. Nothing that I think would effect them being plugged into the TOC. And they do work fine within the product itself.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

// frank
Re: Updating Infocenter help plugin issues [message #504832 is a reply to message #503316] Tue, 22 December 2009 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
Are the new plug-ins newer versions of existing content? If they are not showing up then the P2 loader is not loading the newer bundles for some reason. You can see which versions are running by visiting /help/about.html.
Re: Updating Infocenter help plugin issues [message #508102 is a reply to message #503316] Fri, 15 January 2010 22:04 Go to previous message
L. Frank Turovich is currently offline L. Frank TurovichFriend
Turned out there were some differences in the MANIFEST files that were preventing the missing manuals from showing up in the TOC. Once those were homogenized with the working ones everything went well and the site was updated.

Thx for the help.
Previous Topic:contentExtension - replacing an element in a help document
Next Topic:FormPage is not expanding contents on window resize
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:44:25 GMT 2024