Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » How to generate uml2 diagram within a gmf project programmatically ?(How to generate uml2 diagram within a gmf project programmatically ?)
How to generate uml2 diagram within a gmf project programmatically ? [message #502894] Thu, 10 December 2009 08:37 Go to next message
Alireza Missing name is currently offline Alireza Missing nameFriend
Dear All,
I want to generate UML2 diagram an in particular an uml activity diagram within my gmf diagram project programmatically. Does any one has any experience or know a starting point for that?
Best regards,
Alireza
Re: How to generate uml2 diagram within a gmf project programmatically ? [message #504212 is a reply to message #502894] Thu, 17 December 2009 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear All,
Anybody any suggestion about this post? I really need it.
Thank you.
Best,
Alireza
Re: How to generate uml2 diagram within a gmf project programmatically ? [message #504314 is a reply to message #504212] Fri, 18 December 2009 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mariot Chauvin is currently offline Mariot ChauvinFriend
Hi Alireza,

Have a look at these projects :
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/?project=uml2tools
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/?project=papyrus

Regards,

Mariot

Alireza a écrit :
> Dear All, Anybody any suggestion about this post? I really need it.
> Thank you.
> Best,
> Alireza
Re: How to generate uml2 diagram within a gmf project programmatically ? [message #504322 is a reply to message #504314] Fri, 18 December 2009 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Dear Mariot,
There is not much that I can get from these links Sad
Re: How to generate uml2 diagram within a gmf project programmatically ? [message #504348 is a reply to message #504322] Fri, 18 December 2009 12:54 Go to previous message
Mariot Chauvin is currently offline Mariot ChauvinFriend
Alireza,

Comments below.

Alireza a écrit :
>
> Dear Mariot, There is not much that I can get from these links :(

So let me reformulate your intention. You want to create programmatically uml diagrams from existing java code, right ?
This could be done in 2 steps :

- extract an uml model from your java code
- create a diagram for your extracted uml model

and after there could be other optional steps such as layout the created diagram, export it as image, etc...

To work with UML models and diagrams there is currently two eclipse projects :

- uml2tools which provides a set of GMF-based editors for viewing and editing UML models
- papyrus which provides an integrated, user-consumable environment for editing models based on UML

So you need to deep further in these projects, to see how you could use them to reach your goal.
AFAIK for the first step papyrus provides such a feature with the org.eclipse.papyrus.java.reverse plug-in, but I never test it.
Hope this help.

Regards,

Mariot
Previous Topic:Calling Java from Xpand
Next Topic:Re: Problems accessing to QVTO operations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:34:40 GMT 2024