Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Install new Software command
Install new Software command [message #502251] Mon, 07 December 2009 13:25 Go to next message
T. Wilhelm is currently offline T. WilhelmFriend
Hey all,

ok i´m nearly getting crazy with the update stuff of eclipse. I found this tutorial ( http://www.ralfebert.de/blog/eclipsercp/p2_updates_tutorial/ ) in this forum and made everything like mentioned, except that i´m using my own RCP Application.
Maybe thats the reason why i cannot see the two Menu entries which should be created automatically.
Nevertheless i added the command "org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk.install" to my menu manually. When i press the menu entry, the update dialog appears, but i cannot choose the Update site. I think the Combo is not available because when i look in the preferences, there are no update sites defined. How can i add my own update site to that table? Or is there something else i´m missing?
Thanks alot
Thomas
Re: Install new Software command [message #502282 is a reply to message #502251] Mon, 07 December 2009 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

It's not clear what the problem is. Are you saying that you cannot see the Combo at all and cannot type in or otherwise add a new site? Or are you saying that your combo has nothing in it to choose, what happened to the default sites?

PW

Re: Install new Software command [message #502420 is a reply to message #502282] Tue, 08 December 2009 07:17 Go to previous message
T. Wilhelm is currently offline T. WilhelmFriend
Hey Paul,

my problem is that i cannot see the combo at all in the installation dialog.

Thanks for your help.
Thomas

Previous Topic:Best practices for Equinox/p2 on Vista or later
Next Topic:Security issue with the Telnet Console
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:37:55 GMT 2024