Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Newly created connection doesn't use the anchor that is provided
Newly created connection doesn't use the anchor that is provided [message #502153] Sun, 06 December 2009 16:58
Florian Schulze is currently offline Florian SchulzeFriend
When creating a new connection using my GEF-editor's palette the connection's endpoint is always set to the fixed point (100,100), a default value if no valid anchor is provided I guess. The start point of the connection however is perfectly attached to the corresponding node. I've double-checked getTargetConnectionAnchor(Request request) of the node's editpart. It looks totally the same as getSourceConnectionAnchor(), both consist of the single line:

return new ChopboxAnchor(getFigure());

Debugging shows that getTargetConnectionAnchor() does get called when I move the mouse over the target node and it does return a valid anchor, so I have absolutely no idea why GEF isn't using the ChopboxAnchor provided but creates a new XYAnchor for (100,100). As I said, both the target and the source function for the anchors look the same, yet only the one for the source is being used by GEF.

The attached pictures show a demonstration of the problem and the debuger's info on the connection entity.

Any ideas on this issue? Please let me know if you need more information.
Previous Topic:[draw2d] Dashed lines with antialiasing
Next Topic:Resize handles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:17:27 GMT 2024