Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How to display the help icon in the preferences dialog(RCP preference dialog does not show the default help icon)
How to display the help icon in the preferences dialog [message #502130] Sun, 06 December 2009 10:47 Go to next message
Dominik Schadow is currently offline Dominik SchadowFriend
Hi,

how can I make the ? (help) icon in the preferences dialog visible (Eclipse 3.5)? The preference menu entry is created via IWorkbenchAction preferencesAction, everything works fine. Some of the help pages do provide context sensitive information which is available via F1. So everything is working there.

However, the ? icon in the lower left is missing, no matter what I've tried. What am I missing?

Thanks! Dominik
Re: How to display the help icon in the preferences dialog [message #502166 is a reply to message #502130] Sun, 06 December 2009 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francis Upton IV is currently offline Francis Upton IVFriend
TrayDialog (from which PreferencesDialog inherits) does the help stuff. Look at the is/setHelpAvailable and is/setDialogHelpAvailable methods. If you turn these on, the help icon will appear.

Re: How to display the help icon in the preferences dialog [message #502351 is a reply to message #502130] Mon, 07 December 2009 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your reply. As far as I figured out, this does include changing from IWorkbenchAction to IAction with my own run() method calling the PreferenceDialog, doesn't it? There is no way to use the ActionFactory together with a PreferenceDialog showing the help icon?

Thanks again. Dominik
Re: How to display the help icon in the preferences dialog [message #502355 is a reply to message #502351] Mon, 07 December 2009 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francis Upton IV is currently offline Francis Upton IVFriend
Dominik Schadow wrote on Mon, 07 December 2009 11:49
Thanks for your reply. As far as I figured out, this does include changing from IWorkbenchAction to IAction with my own run() method calling the PreferenceDialog, doesn't it? There is no way to use the ActionFactory together with a PreferenceDialog showing the help icon?

Thanks again. Dominik

Well you *can* if you use the static methods on TrayDialog to set the default for the help icon, but that may not be what you want. Other than that, you are right.

Re: How to display the help icon in the preferences dialog [message #502360 is a reply to message #502130] Mon, 07 December 2009 20:16 Go to previous message
That's it, perfect! Thanks, Dominik
Previous Topic:Interaction with browser widget
Next Topic:"Platform filter did not match" when running exported RCP product
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:57:09 GMT 2024