Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Binary not part of task context(Compiled binary is not added as part of the task context)
Binary not part of task context [message #501912] Fri, 04 December 2009 12:46 Go to next message
Mikael Springer is currently offline Mikael SpringerFriend
I'm using CDT and Tasktop (Galileo) to build C++ applications. The projects are makefile projects so there's an external Makefile that handles the build. The produced binary is not added to the task context so it's never shown in the focused views. This is sometimes a problem when I need to transfer the binary to a remote server (using the Esftp Eclipse plugin). Then I have to disable the focusing in the C/C++ Projects view to be able to select the binary and transfer it to the remote server using Esftp. In my opinion the binary should be part of the task context since it is created when the task is active. I cannot find any preference setting to turn this on or off. Can it be done?
Re: Binary not part of task context [message #507010 is a reply to message #501912] Mon, 11 January 2010 16:48 Go to previous message
Robert Elves is currently offline Robert ElvesFriend
Hi Mikael,

Regarding binaries missing from context, it really depends on where the makefile is outputting the binary. If it ends up within the project, regular workspace refresh should pick up the new/modified file and then become part of the task context.

If however binaries are being output to a separate folder, you could link the folder. For example, using Tasktop you could easily link the folder in the Tasktop Navigator and the binaries will appear upon creation/modification. For more Tasktop details and prompt support see the faq and forums at:

http://tasktop.com/support/overview/

-Rob
Previous Topic:editors order not preserved on task re-activation
Next Topic:removal of Sanbox highlighters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:32:26 GMT 2024