Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Update: new plugin version not visible -- where cached?
Update: new plugin version not visible -- where cached? [message #501883] Fri, 04 December 2009 09:57 Go to next message
Christoph  is currently offline Christoph Friend
Hi,

I'm running Eclipse 3.5.1 and want to update a plugin that is provided by my company on an internal Eclipse update site. I already have installed a previous version, but now a new version is available. Other team members are able to install the new version, so there definitely is no issue with the update site.

However, when I select to install new software and choose the update site, I don't see the new version. Only stale versions are displayed. It seems this is cached somewhere, but I could not figure out how to update the shown information. Removing and re-adding the update site did not help either.

So, who and where is this information cached? How can I force a refresh? Any help is greatly appreciated...!

Thanks,
Christoph.
Re: Update: new plugin version not visible -- where cached? [message #502081 is a reply to message #501883] Sat, 05 December 2009 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francis Upton IV is currently offline Francis Upton IVFriend
There is an option in the UI to refresh the update site. I think it's in the preferences for the locations of the sites. If this does not work, I suggest you send a message to the p2-dev email list. They deal with these sort of issues.

[Updated on: Sat, 05 December 2009 09:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Update: new plugin version not visible -- where cached? [message #502199 is a reply to message #502081] Mon, 07 December 2009 08:13 Go to previous message
Christoph  is currently offline Christoph Friend
Thanks for your reply, but I can't find a refresh action... Context menu of update site entry only shows copy action?

I've now posted to p2-dev as you suggested.
Previous Topic:Weird button behavior
Next Topic:How do I force Eclipse to download entire bundle(s) my plug-in depends on?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:26:49 GMT 2024