Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » SWTBot(How to use recorder)
SWTBot [message #501307] Tue, 01 December 2009 19:54 Go to next message
Devendra  is currently offline Devendra Friend
Hi All,

Plz let me know how to install SWTBot recorder. Currently I'm using Eclipse 3.4 with SWTBot 2.0. Please guide me,
as I want to use recorder to test an existing Java project.
Let me know how to do it.
Re: SWTBot [message #502115 is a reply to message #501307] Sat, 05 December 2009 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seema  is currently offline Seema Friend

Hi,

I also want to try out the recorder. But, I'm unable to do so.

On the webpage http://swtbot.sourceforge.net/experimental/recorder.html
it shows how to use it. But, in SWTBot 2.0 version I don't see the class: net.sf.swtbot.recorder.ui.Main present. Just searching I found someone say to use this recorder option you need to have older version of SWTBot - 1.3 ?
But, I don't see this class in the zip file that I downloaded from http://sourceforge.net/projects/swtbot/files/.

Can someone guide, please?

Thanks.
Re: SWTBot [message #502163 is a reply to message #502115] Sun, 06 December 2009 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Devendra  is currently offline Devendra Friend
Hi Seema,

If you want to use recorder, you download SWTBot1.0. But one thing I must say based on my understanding you should not use recorder. First of all it is not fully functional and doesn't have support to many controls. Still you want to use then SWTBot 1.0 can help you.
Re: SWTBot [message #502495 is a reply to message #502163] Tue, 08 December 2009 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seema  is currently offline Seema Friend
Devendra,
Thanks for the information.
Re: SWTBot [message #502754 is a reply to message #501307] Wed, 09 December 2009 15:53 Go to previous message
Ketan Padegaonkar is currently offline Ketan PadegaonkarFriend
The recorder is not a supported component and does not support all Widgets in its current form.

I'd recommend not using a recorder for ui testing as the generated code is sometimes unreadable/unmaintainable, and I take great pains in ensuring swtbot users have a good experience writing tests that are easy to read and therefore easy to maintain Smile

-- Ketan
Previous Topic:Access to a WritableList
Next Topic:SWTBot at Eclipsecon anyone ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:44:51 GMT 2024