Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » EclipseGenerator vs. FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher
EclipseGenerator vs. FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher [message #500791] Sat, 28 November 2009 18:45 Go to next message
Phil Denis is currently offline Phil DenisFriend
I get a different set of IUs in content.xml when I switch from using the deprecated EclipseGenerator to using the either of the new FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher and UpdateSItePublisher.

Specifically, with the EclipseGenerator, I get an IU called "a.jre" that has all of the exported packages from the jre listed in it. With the new publishers, this IU does not appear in content.xml. Now when I try to install a bundle that uses one of the exported JRE packages, the engine fails telling me that it is unable to satisfy a dependency from my bundle to the jre package it is trying to consume.

Why does the P2 installation engine require this special a.jre IU in order to satisfy JRE dependencies? Is it possible to get this IU generated using the new publisher applications?

Thanks,
Phil
Re: EclipseGenerator vs. FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher [message #502561 is a reply to message #500791] Tue, 08 December 2009 19:59 Go to previous message
Phil Denis is currently offline Phil DenisFriend
Answered my own question in response to another post. Please see thread here:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=50256 0&S=2bad10de9fe6a851a497cf6a48a3e100#msg_502560
Previous Topic:[p2] how to generate "a.jre.javase" IU?
Next Topic:Using P2 profiles in a non-RCP application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:16:45 GMT 2024