Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Building against two base locations
Building against two base locations [message #499734] Mon, 23 November 2009 21:27 Go to next message
Ben Vitale is currently offline Ben VitaleFriend
I'm trying to sequence the following build tasks:

1. Do a product build.
2. Do a feature build of a test feature with test fragments.

For the test feature build, most of my fragments are hosted by plug-ins output by the product build. I would like to build against those JARs, rather than sucking in and rebuilding the binaries again for all the test plug-in dependencies.

But the test fragments also depend on JUnit, the EMMA OSGi hook, and a couple other test-related bundles. Obviously those aren't part of my product build output.

Is there an easy way to specify two base locations for the build? I see the alternative as combining the features/plugins from the product build output with a base Eclipse install and my other test dependencies.. but all that I/O will just slow down my build in the middle..

Thanks
Ben
Re: Building against two base locations [message #499817 is a reply to message #499734] Tue, 24 November 2009 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

Hello,

Maybe you could build your test feature as a "normal" feature, using the pluginPath property to tell the build that it can find plugins in the eclipse base you used to build the product, but also in the product plugins directory, that should contain your plugins.

HTH

--
Mickael Istria - BonitaSoft S.A.
http://www.bonitasoft.com/products/downloads.php
Re: Building against two base locations [message #499913 is a reply to message #499817] Tue, 24 November 2009 14:12 Go to previous message
Mickael Istria wrote on Tue, 24 November 2009 04:21

Maybe you could build your test feature as a "normal" feature, using the pluginPath property to tell the build that it can find plugins in the eclipse base you used to build the product, but also in the product plugins directory, that should contain your plugins.

Thank you. I was not aware of this property. Looks promising.

Cheers
Ben
Re: Building against two base locations [message #603564 is a reply to message #499817] Tue, 24 November 2009 14:12 Go to previous message
Mickael Istria wrote on Tue, 24 November 2009 04:21
> Maybe you could build your test feature as a "normal" feature, using the pluginPath property to tell the build that it can find plugins in the eclipse base you used to build the product, but also in the product plugins directory, that should contain your plugins.

Thank you. I was not aware of this property. Looks promising.

Cheers
Ben
Previous Topic:Working Set
Next Topic:PDE Documentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:11:05 GMT 2024