Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » UML2AdapterFactoryEditingDomain question
UML2AdapterFactoryEditingDomain question [message #499506] Mon, 23 November 2009 05:53 Go to next message
Cristian Spiescu is currently offline Cristian SpiescuFriend
Hello,

I have noticed the class UML2AdapterFactoryEditingDomain (while studying the ChangeCommand). I see that it doesn't have any doc attached, and it seems to have something to do with a ChangeRecorder related behavior.

Do you know what this class does and if there are advantages/disadvantages regarding the use of this class (rather than the standard AdapterFactoryEditingDomain)?

Thank you.

Cristi.
Re: UML2AdapterFactoryEditingDomain question [message #500618 is a reply to message #499506] Fri, 27 November 2009 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorin Fagateanu is currently offline Sorin FagateanuFriend
Hello,

As far as I know, the UML2AdapterFactoryEditingDomain class ensures a different behavior for the unique features. The list with the FeatureChanged elements (which contains the features that were changed for an EObject) and the resourceChanged list (from the ChangeDescription class) are prevented to accept duplicates.

Still I can not understand exactly what this modification serves for. Could anyone perhaps provide more information about this behavior?

Sorin Fagateanu
Re: UML2AdapterFactoryEditingDomain question [message #504280 is a reply to message #500618] Fri, 18 December 2009 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenn Hussey is currently offline Kenn HusseyFriend
Yes, the default behavior from EMF has been overridden so that subset/superset constraints (specific to UML) can properly be enforced.

Kenn
Re: UML2AdapterFactoryEditingDomain question [message #504288 is a reply to message #499506] Fri, 18 December 2009 04:48 Go to previous message
Cristian Spiescu is currently offline Cristian SpiescuFriend
Dear Kenn,

Thank you for your reply.
Does that mean that when using a ChangeCommand (or a ChangeRecorder) on an UML2 model, the use of UML2AdapterFactoryEditingDomain as editing domain is mandatory? I.e. using a "normal" AdapterFactoryEditingDomain would lead in some cases to undesired behavior?

Best regards,
Cristian.
Previous Topic:UML2 genmodel properties for EClasses
Next Topic:UML2AdapterFactoryEditingDomain question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:32:12 GMT 2024