Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Help Me In Taking The First Step(Eclipse PDT and Wamp Server)
Help Me In Taking The First Step [message #499444] Sun, 22 November 2009 16:41 Go to next message
Arpit U. Gadle is currently offline Arpit U. GadleFriend
Hello Everyone,
I am new to PHP and Eclipse and this is my first post, if anything is wrong I am Sorry.
I had installed Wamp Server and Eclipse PDT on my Win XP system. I have a little exp of developing PHP Website using Dreamweaver and running it on wamp.
But facing problem in giving a kickstart to Eclipse PDT.
I want to setup a simple project in Eclipse and running it on wamp. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Arpit U. Gadle
Re: Help Me In Taking The First Step [message #499482 is a reply to message #499444] Sun, 22 November 2009 23:25 Go to previous message
Jim O'Brien is currently offline Jim O'BrienFriend
It's not really clear what kind of problems you are having.

Have you tried running your project and are having problems with it?

Or are you looking for some pointers on getting started?

It's been a while since I've used the WAMP stack but here's what I remember.

The easiest way I found to manage my projects was to set up an entry in the vhost file that pointed to the web root directory.

The other thing I recollect is that not all of the php modules I wanted to use were enabled. I need to make fairly extensive changes to php.ini file.

Hope this helps
Previous Topic:PDT 2.0 PHP Working Set Editing with Hierarchical (Tree) View not possible?
Next Topic:pdt and javascript confusion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:50:59 GMT 2024