Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Contribution like PerspectiveSwitcher
Contribution like PerspectiveSwitcher [message #499030] Thu, 19 November 2009 15:33 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
For my application I want to create a UI contribution like the perspective switcher. It has to be viewpart independent and shall be displayed in every perspective. First I thought I just have to add a contribution to the toolbar like shown here ( http://wiki.eclipse.org/Menu_Contributions/Widget_in_a_toolb ar) but with locationURI=toolbar:org.eclipse.ui.main.toolbar my application crashes with a long long stack trace. In ApplicationWorkbenchAdvisor I see that the PerspectiveSwitcher is hardcoded added. I thought (hoped) that there's a generic extension point to add other contributions like it.
My contribution will contain just some status flags valid for the whole application.

Many thanks for any help!!
Re: Contribution like PerspectiveSwitcher [message #499303 is a reply to message #499030] Fri, 20 November 2009 17:51 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

To provide something like the perspective switcher, you would probably use commands (like a radio button would work best).

2 things come to mind:

1) make sure you turn off the perspective bar in your RCP app

2) make sure anything you add to toolbar:org.eclipse.ui.main.toolbar is a <toolbar/> element that contains whatever else you want to show up (like your control, a dynamic contribution, or some commands).

PW

Previous Topic:Compute Dependencies for Feature
Next Topic:Project nature overlay won't be displayed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:17:45 GMT 2024