Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » COBOL » StyledText-AbstractDecoratedTextEditor(StyledText-AbstractDecoratedTextEditor Vertical Scroll Bar position)
StyledText-AbstractDecoratedTextEditor [message #498900] Thu, 19 November 2009 05:38 Go to next message
Ashok  is currently offline Ashok Friend
I have extended Fijitsu base COBOL plugin. The Editor has all the associated StyleText, document providers and is working fine. The file contents are retrieved from a remote server only demand. At any given time the Editor get to show only 300 lines of text in spite of the original file size being in thousands.

The vertical scroll bar has to be adjusted to the original size of the file rather than the subset of the content being shown in the editor.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Ashok

[Updated on: Thu, 19 November 2009 05:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: StyledText-AbstractDecoratedTextEditor [message #502184 is a reply to message #498900] Mon, 07 December 2009 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tetsuya Suehisa is currently offline Tetsuya SuehisaFriend
Hello Ashok,

We will investigate the problem that you reported.
Which version of COBOL IDE do you use?
Windows or Linux?
How's the reproducibility of the problem?
Is there any exceptions logged in .metadeta/.log?

Let us know more details.

regards,
tetsuya.
Re: StyledText-AbstractDecoratedTextEditor [message #502429 is a reply to message #498900] Tue, 08 December 2009 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wei Xiangshuai is currently offline Wei XiangshuaiFriend
>The file contents are retrieved from a remote server only demand.

which remote server did you use ? cvs ?
how did you retrieve file contents from a remote server ?

>At any given time the Editor get to show only 300 lines of text in spite of the original file size being in thousands.

Can you give us an image of this problem?

Regards,

WEI
Re: StyledText-AbstractDecoratedTextEditor [message #503481 is a reply to message #502184] Mon, 14 December 2009 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
>The file contents are retrieved from a remote server only demand.

which remote server did you use ? cvs ?
how did you retrieve file contents from a remote server ?

>>>>I retrieve the file contents by opening socket connection to our proprietary Mainframe systems.

>At any given time the Editor get to show only 300 lines of text in spite of the original file size being in thousands.

Can you give us an image of this problem?

>>>>When I scroll to 299th line of the file the scroll bar position will be at the end and when I get event triggered after 299th line I fetch next set of 150 lines from the remote server. When new set of 150 lines are fetched from the server the scroller comes to the middle of the editor area. This happens for every 150 lines of text I retrieve from the server. When the EOF file is reached the scroller comes to the end of editor. For example, I have 1000 lines of text of the original file, and when a subset if fetched (300 for firs time) from the server the scroller should be set at relative to the actual content of the file (1000) not at 300. Hope you got the clear picture.

Regards,
Ashok.V
Re: StyledText-AbstractDecoratedTextEditor [message #503623 is a reply to message #503481] Tue, 15 December 2009 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The following is my understands for your description.
pls check whether I am wrong.

1. you are developing/using a Version Control System plugin just like cvs.

2. The problem you met can be treated as follows:

When you add contents to an opened COBOL file, The scroller of COBOLEditor can not be adjusted correctly.

if so, we will try to simulate your situation and find the reason.
if not, pls give us a step-by-step description.

Regards,

WEI
Re: StyledText-AbstractDecoratedTextEditor [message #503637] Tue, 15 December 2009 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We are developing a COBOL Editor for our developer community to work on remote files from our mainframe systems. The remote files are of minimum 1,000,000 lines of text we fetch file contents on demand. At first go 300 lines of text is fetched and on demand when the user move the cursor position beyond 299th line, another set of 150 lines are fetched.

At any given point, the editor content will have only max 300 lines of text. The vertical scroller has to position on the editor based on the actual file contents and not the subset (300) lines.

When the cursor reaches 299th linne the scorller is positioned at end of the editor which is wrong. This is what I am trying to fix/resolve.

Regards,
Ashok.V
Re: StyledText-AbstractDecoratedTextEditor [message #503645 is a reply to message #503637] Tue, 15 December 2009 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I have understood your meanings.

we will simulate your situation and try our best to reappear this problem & find its reasons and solutions.

step1:
Write a ServerSocket class for accepting client's request & sending file contents to the client.

step2:
Write a ClientSocket class for fetching 150 lines contents from remote server through communicating with ServerSocket.

step3:
Extend COBOLEditor to process cursor up/down event.
when the user move the cursor position beyond 299th line, we fetch another set of 150 lines and append them into current COBOLEditor.

Will this steps be successful ?

Regards,
WEI
Re: StyledText-AbstractDecoratedTextEditor [message #503646] Tue, 15 December 2009 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, You are in correct direction. So when you fetch these contents after 299th line, please observe the behaviour of the vertical scroll bar.

Regards,
Ashok.V
Re: StyledText-AbstractDecoratedTextEditor [message #504274 is a reply to message #503646] Fri, 18 December 2009 01:49 Go to previous message
I am sorry to tell you that I cannot reappear your problem.
if you have resolved this problem pls tell us your solutions.

Regards,

WEI
Previous Topic:COBOL syntax highlighting screwed after using "Free Format"
Next Topic:Windows® -> Preferences ->General -> Keys
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:10:09 GMT 2024