Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » StyledText-AbstractDecoratedTextEditor(StyledText-AbstractDecoratedTextEditor Vertical Scroll Bar position)
StyledText-AbstractDecoratedTextEditor [message #498744] Wed, 18 November 2009 13:55 Go to next message
Ashok  is currently offline Ashok Friend
I have implemented an AbstractDecoratedTextEditor for COBOL language support. The Editor has all the associated StyleText, document providers and is working fine. The file contents are retrieved from a remote server only demand. At any given time the Editor get to show only 300 lines of text in spite of the original file size being in thousands.

The vertical scroll bar has to be adjusted to the original size of the file rather than the subset of the content being shown in the editor.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Ashok
Re: StyledText-AbstractDecoratedTextEditor [message #498829 is a reply to message #498744] Wed, 18 November 2009 18:14 Go to previous message
Felipe Heidrich is currently offline Felipe HeidrichFriend
I suspect you are not using AbstractDecoratedTextEditor correctly (AbstractDecoratedTextEditor is not SWT).

StyledText takes care of setting the scrollbar. The application should never attempt to set the scrollbar directly.
The result you are getting is most likely caused by the StyledTextContent implementation that you have. It must be returing the wrong value in StyledTextContent#getLineCount().

In your place, I'd ask for help on how to use AbstractDecoratedTextEditor on the UI/Editor newsgroup (sorry, not sure about the correct name for it).

Felipe
Previous Topic:Swing problems in Eclipse.
Next Topic:Image BMP Binary with SWT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:06:20 GMT 2024