Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Problem upgrading workspace to 3.5
Problem upgrading workspace to 3.5 [message #498494] Tue, 17 November 2009 09:04 Go to next message
Matt Rossner is currently offline Matt RossnerFriend
Please see this thread, I posted it in the JDT forum but it should really be here.

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=157651& amp;start=0&S=4fece4e7d899144608c0a5745c0830ba

I had a project initially created with Eclipse 3.3, eventually moved to 3.4 with no problem, but 3.5 I get an issue with the referenced Java libraries. They don't show up in the project explorer.
Re: Problem upgrading workspace to 3.5 [message #498688 is a reply to message #498494] Wed, 18 November 2009 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Max Hay is currently offline Max HayFriend
Sorry Matt but I think this needs some elaboration.

Matt Rossner wrote:
I just downloaded the most recent build of Eclipse (Gallileo), I was previously using 3.4 and all was fine. The project I'm working on was originally created in an even earlier version (probably 3.3. but I don't remember). Anyway, I opened up my workspace in the new one and in my project (Java Web Project), I get this under my source directory.
Error: no label provider for org.eclipse.jst.servlet.ui.internal.navigator.Com

Max Hay replied:
I have precisely the same error message in the explorer view as Matt Rossner. In addition, I have a meaningless Error in the Problems view which has Path empty, Location "Unknown", and Type "Validation Message".
My Eclipse version is J2EE installed from eclipse-jee-galileo-SR1-win32.zip.
I am running under JDK 1.6 update 17.
Re: Problem upgrading workspace to 3.5 [message #498751 is a reply to message #498688] Wed, 18 November 2009 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I think it's pretty well described in the other post. Other than posting a screen shot I don't really see how much more I can elaborate on the problem. Maybe I'll post a screen shot later. Don't really have time now...
Re: Problem upgrading workspace to 3.5 [message #502049 is a reply to message #498494] Fri, 04 December 2009 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SULBIG  is currently offline SULBIG Friend
I am experiencing the same issue. I have re-downloaded eclipse-jee-galileo-SR1-win32.zip, checked-out an existing dynamic web project from CVS into a new/empty workspace, and still receive the same "Error: no label provider for org.eclipse.jst.servlet.ui.internal.navigator.Com" under the "Java Resources: src" treenode. I did not have this error until after upgrading from 3.4 to 3.5.

Not sure if this is related or helpful (full contents of log file)...

!SESSION 2009-12-04 14:21:42.328 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=M20090917-0800
java.version=1.6.0_11
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.wst.validation 4 0 2009-12-04 14:41:04.484
!MESSAGE Marker id 4406 not found.
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Marker id 4406 not found.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Marker.checkInfo(Marker. java:56)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Marker.setAttribute(Mark er.java:236)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Marker.setAttribute(Mark er.java:222)
at org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.TaskListUtility.getValid ationTasks(TaskListUtility.java:255)
at org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.TaskListUtility.getValid ationTasks(TaskListUtility.java:285)
at org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.TaskListUtility.getValid ationTasks(TaskListUtility.java:330)
at org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.TaskListUtility.removeTa skSubset(TaskListUtility.java:423)
at org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.TaskListUtility.removeAl lTasks(TaskListUtility.java:403)
at org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.TaskListUtility.removeAl lTasks(TaskListUtility.java:399)
at org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.operations.WorkbenchRepo rter.removeAllMessages(WorkbenchReporter.java:164)
at org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.operations.WorkbenchRepo rter.removeAllMessages(WorkbenchReporter.java:544)
at org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.operations.WorkbenchRepo rter.removeAllMessages(WorkbenchReporter.java:509)
at org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.operations.ValidationOpe ration.removeOldMessages(ValidationOperation.java:1067)
at org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.operations.ValidationOpe ration.launchJobs(ValidationOperation.java:1357)
at org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.operations.ValidationOpe ration.validate(ValidationOperation.java:835)
at org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.operations.ValidationOpe ration.run(ValidationOperation.java:654)
at org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.operations.ValidationBui lder.performFullBuild(ValidationBuilder.java:264)
at org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.operations.ValidationBui lder.performFullBuild(ValidationBuilder.java:256)
at org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.operations.ValidationBui lder.build(ValidationBuilder.java:182)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildMan ager.java:627)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(Bui ldManager.java:170)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(Bui ldManager.java:201)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildMan ager.java:253)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(Bui ldManager.java:256)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop (BuildManager.java:309)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildMan ager.java:341)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBu ildJob.java:140)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJ ob.java:238)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.resources 4 376 2009-12-04 14:41:04.484
!MESSAGE Marker id 4406 not found.
Re: Problem upgrading workspace to 3.5 [message #503679 is a reply to message #502049] Tue, 15 December 2009 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gustavo Fossati is currently offline Gustavo FossatiFriend
Choose "Package Presentation > Flat" and by happy
Re: Problem upgrading workspace to 3.5 [message #503692 is a reply to message #503679] Tue, 15 December 2009 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oyvind Johansen is currently offline Oyvind JohansenFriend
I am having this behaviour also and it is really getting on my nerves since I liked seeing my libraries under the Java Resource. It's not that it is a showstopper, but I would love to be able to see them like in the good old days.

Gustavo Fossati wrote on Tue, 15 December 2009 05:13
Choose "Package Presentation > Flat" and by happy

This solution "works" but it does tell more about where the error is than being really helpful to me. With about 400 java classes my project gets very crowded when I present the packages in a flat manner.

For all that it's worth my project settings looks like so:

.project:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<projectDescription>
	<name>CarAdmin</name>
	<comment></comment>
	<projects>
	</projects>
	<buildSpec>
		<buildCommand>
			<name>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javabuilder</name>
			<arguments>
			</arguments>
		</buildCommand>
		<buildCommand>
			<name>org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.builder</name>
			<arguments>
			</arguments>
		</buildCommand>
		<buildCommand>
			<name>org.eclipse.wst.validation.validationbuilder</name>
			<arguments>
			</arguments>
		</buildCommand>
	</buildSpec>
	<natures>
		<nature>org.eclipse.wst.common.modulecore.ModuleCoreNature</nature>
		<nature>org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.nature</nature>
		<nature>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javanature</nature>
	</natures>
</projectDescription>

org.eclipse.wst.common.component:
<project-modules id="moduleCoreId" project-version="1.5.0">
<wb-module deploy-name="CarAdmin">
<wb-resource deploy-path="/" source-path="/www"/>
<wb-resource deploy-path="/WEB-INF/classes" source-path="/src"/>
<property name="java-output-path" value="build/classes"/>
        <property name="context-root" value="/CarAdmin"/>
</wb-module>
</project-modules>

org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml:
<faceted-project>
  <runtime name="Apache Tomcat v6.0"/>
  <fixed facet="jst.java"/>
  <fixed facet="jst.web"/>
  <installed facet="jst.java" version="6.0"/>
  <installed facet="jst.web" version="2.4"/>
</faceted-project>

and finally org.eclipse.jst.jsp.core.prefs:
#Tue Nov 03 11:42:34 CET 2009
eclipse.preferences.version=1
jsp-content-type/<project>=text/html
jsp-language/<project>=java

I'd be helpful to provide more information as needed to help solve this riddle

Edit: bad typo

[Updated on: Tue, 15 December 2009 11:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem upgrading workspace to 3.5 [message #503751 is a reply to message #498494] Tue, 15 December 2009 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting... if I switch my package presentation to Flat (no error there, but not desirable for large projects), then back to Hierarchical, the Libraries tree node appears and works fine (no error node) until I exit Eclipse and relaunch. Bug?
Re: Problem upgrading workspace to 3.5 [message #507242 is a reply to message #498688] Tue, 12 January 2010 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bojan Milenkoski is currently offline Bojan MilenkoskiFriend
Did you resolve your problem?

I also have 2 miningless errors on a project with no description, no path, Location Unknown, Type Validation Message.

In my case even with flat presentation the errors don't go away.

My project references two other projects. When the two are selected as Java EE dependency I have the errors. If I deselect one of them than I have no errors.

Also these errors aren't causing any problems when compiling, exporting or deploying the project.
Re: Problem upgrading workspace to 3.5 [message #507634 is a reply to message #507242] Thu, 14 January 2010 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bojan Milenkoski wrote on Tue, 12 January 2010 10:26
Did you resolve your problem?

I also have 2 miningless errors on a project with no description, no path, Location Unknown, Type Validation Message.

In my case even with flat presentation the errors don't go away.

My project references two other projects. When the two are selected as Java EE dependency I have the errors. If I deselect one of them than I have no errors.

Also these errors aren't causing any problems when compiling, exporting or deploying the project.

It does not sound like you are having the same error as the one discussed in this thread. Are you sure your problem is with the viewing the libraries included in the project?
Re: Problem upgrading workspace to 3.5 [message #510561 is a reply to message #507634] Wed, 27 January 2010 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm... I created a new source folder called /test for my unit tests, and the error node has gone away.

projectname/src
projectname/test

Re: Problem upgrading workspace to 3.5 [message #515290 is a reply to message #510561] Thu, 18 February 2010 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomas  is currently offline Tomas Friend
Alright,
but if you remove that additional source folder, you are back. Another workaround is to 'customize view...' and deselect Empty parent package, so it will be shown. Then it is possible to use nice Hierarchical presentation.

Anyway, this is serious JDT? bug to me, because if the '.project' is desired to be in the repository (in unified environment e.g.), you cannot simply checkout and go because error appears also in such case, BUT it can be checked out using wizard to create new project...

[Updated on: Thu, 18 February 2010 11:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem upgrading workspace to 3.5 [message #515516 is a reply to message #515290] Fri, 19 February 2010 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to see some tips about how to work around this problem, but it still doesn't solve the underlaying problem.

I would like to find a soltion I could do that would make this not happen whenever someone checks out my project from Subversion. If this solution is a bugfix not coming untill next major version, then so be it.
Re: Problem upgrading workspace to 3.5 [message #515934 is a reply to message #498494] Mon, 22 February 2010 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I forgot about this post, good to see some work arounds at least. I've just stuck to Ganymede since I originally posted this but I may try to upgrade again. Thanks.
Re: Problem upgrading workspace to 3.5 [message #545734 is a reply to message #498494] Thu, 08 July 2010 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Enabling Maven Dependencies solved that problem for me. Just remember to unable Maven Dependencies under Your Project -> Right-Click -> Maven -> Enable...
Re: Problem upgrading workspace to 3.5 [message #1065810 is a reply to message #498494] Thu, 27 June 2013 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Naoki Hikita is currently offline Naoki HikitaFriend
In my case, I was resolved in this way.

right click on project > "properties" > "Deployment Assembly" > Remove "Maven Dependencies"
icon7.gif  Re: Problem upgrading workspace to 3.5 [message #1067716 is a reply to message #498494] Wed, 10 July 2013 09:35 Go to previous message
Hári D niel is currently offline Hári D nielFriend
No, this is just stupid workaround. Confused

The source of the problem is that you have copied your necessary libraries under src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/lib, and maven want to copy libs again to the same place under target.

So you have to delete your libs from src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/lib directory, and let maven manage them. Very Happy
Previous Topic:How to remove JSR-109 Web Services
Next Topic:jsp:useBean hyperlinking
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:53:35 GMT 2024