Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Common Navigator Extensions
Common Navigator Extensions [message #496968] Wed, 11 November 2009 22:22 Go to next message
Terran Gilman is currently offline Terran GilmanFriend
I have created a common navigator content extension for a custom project model that is triggered off of the project nature. This extension is working well. I also have a second project model that inherits from the original model but has a unique project nature. The content extension would work perfectly for both models, however I'm not sure how to add or append the new project nature to the set of trigger points for the extension from the second bundle.

Is there a way to update or modify an existing content extension triggers from a bundle other than the one that it is declared in? I tried to create a new extension using the content provider and label provider from the original but ended up with some strange behavior. Do I need to duplicate the content extension completely for the new project nature although the actual project structures are identical?

Trip Gilman
Voice Tools Project Lead
Re: Common Navigator Extensions [message #497168 is a reply to message #496968] Thu, 12 November 2009 17:44 Go to previous message
Terran Gilman is currently offline Terran GilmanFriend
I found a solution for my problem by creating a custom property tester. I replaced the existing project nature property tester in the navigatorContent extension with the custom one. The custom tester identifies projects that are registered as supporting the base project type. Now new projects will automatically be supported when they register themselves.

Trip Gilman
Voice Tools Project Lead
Previous Topic:disable save action
Next Topic:Help Preferences
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:12:40 GMT 2024