Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Common Navigator and lightweight decorators not refreshing(I am having trouble getting my lightweight decorators to refresh)
Common Navigator and lightweight decorators not refreshing [message #496310] Mon, 09 November 2009 16:53 Go to next message
Mark Melvin is currently offline Mark MelvinFriend
Hi,

I am contributing items to the Project Explorer view via the common navigator extension points. I have a couple lightweight decorators and only one of them refreshes properly in the Project Explorer view. The one that works properly happens to contribute icon overlays to actual IFile resources. The other one contributes the same overlays to virtual nodes that I am contributing myself via the common navigator framework. These icon overlays are not being refreshed until I either click on an item in the Project Explorer, or press 'F5' to refresh it manually.

What do I need to do to trigger a refresh automatically when my decorator adds the overlay?

Thanks,
Mark.
Re: Common Navigator and lightweight decorators not refreshing [message #496366 is a reply to message #496310] Mon, 09 November 2009 19:09 Go to previous message
Mark Melvin is currently offline Mark MelvinFriend
Actually, I am noticing that sometimes after creating a marker on a normal IResource in the workspace, the Project Explorer does not refresh and create a proper icon overlay for a standard error marker.

If I select the folder, the navigator then refreshes and displays the icon overlay. Alternatively, pressing 'F5' or selecting 'Refresh' causes the marker to appear as well.

I think there is a bug here. I'll go over and file one.

Mark.
Previous Topic:Custom Folder Type
Next Topic:Change cursor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:33:06 GMT 2024