Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » AMW » Create Weaving Model from Transformation
Create Weaving Model from Transformation [message #496293] Mon, 09 November 2009 15:55 Go to next message
Simon is currently offline SimonFriend
Hello Community,

is there a way to generate a weaving model out of an ATL transformation?
My problem is the following: I do have a weaving model Mw which hold refs to 2 different metamodels Ma and Mb. I also have a transformation which transforms Ma to a new Mc. What I need now is to update the refs in Mw of Ma to Mc. If the weaving model would work on the model level this would be no problem, then I could use the trace model approach. But the weaving model references into the metamodels Ma and Mb, so the tracing approach does not work.

Any ideas?

Greetings Simon
Re: Create Weaving Model from Transformation [message #496832 is a reply to message #496293] Wed, 11 November 2009 14:10 Go to previous message
Marcos Didonet Del Fabro is currently offline Marcos Didonet Del FabroFriend
Hi Simon,

You can create a weaving model from an ATL transformation by implementing a higher order transformation, i.e., a transformation that takes as input an ATL transformation model Mt and that produces as output a weaving model Mw'.

For instance, for every rule in Mt you can produce a WLink, and for every binding within the rule you can produce a WLinkEnd. To do that, you need to know the metamodel of ATL.

Otherwise, what is the relation between Mb and Mc? Mc is a new version of Mb? In this case, you may check the metamodel difference approaches ( http://www.eclipse.org/m2m/atl/usecases/MMIndApproachtoDiffR ep/). They focus on representing the differences between metamodels, not on updating the weaving model, but it could be an inspiration Smile .

Regards,

Marcos.

Previous Topic:Re: Refactoring deprecated AM3 branch and AMW model handler to use ATL 3.0 API
Next Topic:Release of AML a model matching tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:39:14 GMT 2024