Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Broken after Ubuntu 9.04->9.10 upgrade(WSDLs can't find their XSD imports)
Broken after Ubuntu 9.04->9.10 upgrade [message #496273] Mon, 09 November 2009 15:00 Go to next message
Steve Cohen is currently offline Steve CohenFriend
I upgraded a system from Ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10. This system previously ran Eclipse-Ganymede, downloaded from Eclipse, not the Ubuntu-provided version. Everything ran fine until the upgrade.

Now I find, upon opening my workspace, that there are validation errors that I can't solve. All of these errors appear in WSDL files which import XSD schemas. These schemas are located in the same directory.

The import statements take the form
<wsdl:import namespace="http://www.provider.com/path_to_wsdl"
location="schema.xsd"/>

What could possibly be broken and how might I fix it? I don't have a clue.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 November 2009 15:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Broken after Ubuntu 9.04->9.10 upgrade [message #496400 is a reply to message #496273] Mon, 09 November 2009 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Valentin is currently offline ValentinFriend
Hi Steve, it's hard to understand what's going on from your post. Could you
post more information about the validation errors and perhaps a sample
project (if not confidential)?

In general you should avoid using wsdl:import to import schemas. Use an
xsd:import statement inside one of your inline schemas.

Regards, Valentin

"Steve Cohen" <scohen@javactivity.org> wrote in message
news:hd9arc$7c0$1@build.eclipse.org...
>I upgraded a system from Ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10. This system previously ran
>Eclipse-Ganymede, downloaded from Eclipse, not the Ubuntu-provided version.
>Everything ran fine until the upgrade.
>
> Now I find, open opening my workspace, that there are validation errors
> that I can't solve. All of these errors appear in WSDL files which import
> XSD schemas. These schemas are located in the same directory.
>
> The import statements take the form
> <wsdl:import namespace="http://www.provider.com/path_to_wsdl"
> location="schema.xsd"/>
>
> What could possibly be broken and how might I fix it? I don't have a
> clue.
Re: Broken after Ubuntu 9.04->9.10 upgrade [message #496413 is a reply to message #496400] Mon, 09 November 2009 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for responding, Valentin.

This is not my WSDL or XSD, they come from a Vendor.

Until I upgraded Ubuntu I never saw these errors. Now I see them. I'm not sure what more detail you want but I will try to oblige.

There is a WARNING on every such WSDL import in my workspace.

For example, this import statement
<wsdl:import namespace="http://www.provider.com/path_to_wsdl"
location="schema.xsd"/>

produces this warning.

The 'schema.xsd' document could not be imported. Check that the document exists and that the location is correct.

Following this, every reference to the schema has an error.

For example:

<wsdl:message name="Request">
<wsdl:part name="body" element="xyz:Request"/>
</wsdl:message>

(and yes, the xyz namespace has been defined previously)

produces this error:

The part 'body' has an invalid value 'BatchRequest' defined for its element. Element declarations must refer to valid values defined in a schema.

Of course. It couldn't find the schema in the warning so now it doesn't know what to do with elements referenced there.

The problem is that the Eclipse validator for some reason does not understand that it has to look in the file system in the same directory as the wsdl is located to find the schema. Or if it does know where to look, it isn't finding it.

What could possibly cause this brain-deadness on the part of the wsdl validator? This was never a problem prior to the ugrade of the system.

It is interesting that this is ONLY a problem in the WSDL validator. All the other Eclipse components, java compiler,etc., continue to work as expected.

Where do I even BEGIN to look?

I guess I'm asking is what help the validator requires from the OS to help it resolve import statements? What could possibly have changed in the OS to make such a simple operation fail? If you can tell me that, I may be able to see what else I need to do, package to import, etc. into the OS so that this will not happen.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 November 2009 22:52]

Re: Broken after Ubuntu 9.04->9.10 upgrade [message #496430 is a reply to message #496413] Tue, 10 November 2009 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
The problem is that the Eclipse validator for some reason does not understand that it has to look in the file system in the same directory as the wsdl is located to find the schema. Or if it does know where to look, it isn't finding it.

What could possibly cause this brain-deadness on the part of the wsdl validator? This was never a problem prior to the ugrade of the system.

I suddenly realized I knew the answer to this question.

Here are some additiional details I just realized might be relevant.

The projects in this workspace are located on a flash drive. The workspace itself is located on the hard drive. When I first brought up Eclipse after the system upgrade it could not find the projects. I quickly realized that that was because on the 9.04 system, the flash drive was mounted as /media/disk, but under the 9.10 system it was mounted as /media/8E5F-80B6. I "solved" this by making /media/disk a symlink to /media/8E5F-80B6 and then forgot about it. This worked for everything - except the WSDL validation.

So the question became: Does the code in the WSDL validator that processes imports of schemas know how to follow symlinks? If not, that could account for the problem.

I deleted all the projects from the workspace, reimported them from the flash drive without using the symlink reference and everything worked including the WSDLs.

So the answer is that the something in the schema importing code in the WSDL validator was being confused by the symlink. Embarrassed

[Updated on: Tue, 10 November 2009 04:27]

Re: Broken after Ubuntu 9.04->9.10 upgrade [message #696248 is a reply to message #496273] Wed, 13 July 2011 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashima  is currently offline Ashima Friend
Hi
I am having the same wsdl problem. I am integrating the RAD developed project in eclipse. All the errors are resolved except the one you mentioned viz
<wsdl:import namespace="the package created by eclipse" location="http:something/schemas/sawservices.xsd" />
And I am getting exactly the same as you got, that is the errors in the wsdl:message.
"
There is a WARNING on every such WSDL import in my workspace.

For example, this import statement
<wsdl:import namespace="provider/path_to_wsdl"
location="schema.xsd"/>

produces this warning.

The 'schema.xsd' document could not be imported. Check that the document exists and that the location is correct.

Following this, every reference to the schema has an error.

For example:

<wsdl:message name="Request">
<wsdl:part name="body" element="xyz:Request"/>
</wsdl:message>

(and yes, the xyz namespace has been defined previously)

produces this error:

The part 'body' has an invalid value 'BatchRequest' defined for its element. Element declarations must refer to valid values defined in a schema.
"

What did you do to fix this error?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.. Smile
Re: Broken after Ubuntu 9.04->9.10 upgrade [message #764636 is a reply to message #696248] Mon, 12 December 2011 15:13 Go to previous message
anandbabu  is currently offline anandbabu Friend
Hi friends,
I am having the same issue. There is a warning that goes like

The "C:\Users\Kriss\runtime-launch2\BPEL_WS\bpelContent\PingPong.wsdl" document could not be imported
while parsing "platform:/resource/BPEL_WS/bpelContent/WS_InvocationArtifacts.wsdl"

I see this file is there in C:\Users\Kriss\runtime-launch2\BPEL_WS\bpelContent\PingPong.wsdl

because this wsdl is not imported, my bpel is showing the following error
"
The role named "PingPongPLRole" on this partnerLinkType uses portType "wsdl:PingPong" which is not defined anywhere."

this is actually defined in PingPong.wsdl. what could be the problem?

Cheers,
-Anand
Previous Topic:Error when accessing services!!! Please Help!!
Next Topic:Servers View - Provide Public ServerBehaviour Types
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:56:33 GMT 2024