Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Password save problem with CVS
Password save problem with CVS [message #495915] Fri, 06 November 2009 15:49 Go to next message
Richard Gregory is currently offline Richard GregoryFriend
When I try to connect to any CVS repository, I am prompted for a password. Although I always check Save password, it is never saved. When I restart eclipse, the password dialog always comes up again. There is no problem once I enter the password, but with a lot of repositories that I connect to, it's very annoying. I have tried new workspaces, and even moved up Eclipse, but it doesn't help, so I assume this is something to do with my environment (only happens on my laptop, not my desktop).

Does anyone have any idea what I could do to fix this?

[Updated on: Fri, 06 November 2009 16:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Password save problem with CVS [message #495918 is a reply to message #495915] Fri, 06 November 2009 16:03 Go to previous message
Richard Gregory is currently offline Richard GregoryFriend
I should add that it correctly remembers my user id, just not the password. The password dialog that comes up says incorrect username or password. This is in the log at that time:
org.eclipse.equinox.security.storage.StorageException: No password provided.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferen cesRoot.getModulePassword(SecurePreferencesRoot.java:292)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferen cesRoot.getPassword(SecurePreferencesRoot.java:219)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferen ces.put(SecurePreferences.java:224)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.storage.SecurePreferen cesWrapper.put(SecurePreferencesWrapper.java:110)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.core.connection.CVSRepository Location.updateCache(CVSRepositoryLocation.java:1021)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.core.connection.CVSRepository Location.updateCache(CVSRepositoryLocation.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.core.connection.CVSRepository Location.setAllowCaching(CVSRepositoryLocation.java:990)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.ui.WorkbenchUserAuthenticator .promptForUserInfo(WorkbenchUserAuthenticator.java:101)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.core.connection.CVSRepository Location.promptForUserInfo(CVSRepositoryLocation.java:837)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.core.connection.CVSRepository Location.openConnection(CVSRepositoryLocation.java:815)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.core.client.Session.open(Sess ion.java:159)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.core.resources.RemoteFile.int ernalFetchContents(RemoteFile.java:217)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.core.resources.RemoteFile.fet chContents(RemoteFile.java:195)
at org.eclipse.team.core.variants.CachedResourceVariant.ensureC ontentsCached(CachedResourceVariant.java:111)
at org.eclipse.team.core.variants.CachedResourceVariant.getStor age(CachedResourceVariant.java:101)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.core.resources.RemoteFile.get Contents(RemoteFile.java:186)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.ui.RemoteRevisionQuickDiffPro vider.readDocument(RemoteRevisionQuickDiffProvider.java:254)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.ui.RemoteRevisionQuickDiffPro vider.getReference(RemoteRevisionQuickDiffProvider.java:131)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.texteditor.quickdiff.DocumentLineDif fer$2.run(DocumentLineDiffer.java:496)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Previous Topic:To display secondary views under Eclipse menu Window -> Show VIew
Next Topic:[Databinding] Observer for multi-selection from a list
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:51:59 GMT 2024