Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JavaServer Faces » JSF Support in Galileo
JSF Support in Galileo [message #495634] Thu, 05 November 2009 14:42 Go to next message
Ralph Soika is currently offline Ralph SoikaFriend
How works JSF Support in Eclipse Galileo?
I can not found how to configure JSF Libraries?
And also I am not able to change the project facet if I imported a maven based project.

Can anybody help me in this issue?
Re: JSF Support in Galileo [message #496416 is a reply to message #495634] Mon, 09 November 2009 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raghu Srinivasan is currently offline Raghu SrinivasanFriend
Hi Ralph,

Please review the following doc to managed the JSF libraries in Galileo.
http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/topic/org.eclipse.jst.jsf.do c.user/html/reference/jsf_library_management.html

Please provide details in the issue you see with maven fro us to help.

Thanks
Raghu Srinivasan
Project Lead - JSF Tools Project

Raghu Srinivasan,
Project Lead - JSF
Re: JSF Support in Galileo [message #499380 is a reply to message #495634] Sat, 21 November 2009 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

Hi,

you find a description here:
http://www.vogella.de/articles/JavaServerFaces/article.html

Best regards, Lars

--
http://www.vogella.de/ - Eclipse plugin and Eclipse RCP Tutorials
http://www.twitter.com/vogella - vogella on Twitter

Ralph Soika wrote:
> How works JSF Support in Eclipse Galileo?
> I can not found how to configure JSF Libraries?
> And also I am not able to change the project facet if I imported a maven
> based project.
>
> Can anybody help me in this issue?
Re: JSF Support in Galileo [message #499381 is a reply to message #499380] Sat, 21 November 2009 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I should add that this description does not use maven
Re: JSF Support in Galileo [message #620448 is a reply to message #499380] Sat, 21 November 2009 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I should add that this description does not use maven
Re: JSF Support in Galileo [message #640384 is a reply to message #620448] Sun, 21 November 2010 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saad  is currently offline saad Friend
dear Lars Vogel and anyone who can give me the motive to fight the monster bugs im facing in my early jsf days...

i have been following your tutorial for about 3 days , and sometimes it works magically, sometimes it just does not, especially when im working on the machine at work.

the most exception that i face and is haunting me is " cannot find faces context"
i ran a project with the LoginView.jsp and it works, then just to see whats going on i have created a new project and exactly copied the file without all the facets functions, just having <f:view>

and there comes the nightmare exception for me. and yes i did googled it like 24897456 times but non gave me the answer , either its ambiguous answer or its just not the problem i have...

the thing is im not sure about is the libraries,myfaces, and jboss 4.2 library, EAR, and Web App libraries and JRE and i put JSTL and remove it and no difference happens

i guess my problem falls in the library stuff area because im not used to it that much, im really new to java EE and i jumped into JSF which is overwhelming

and if someone can also point out why eclipse over netbeans?
and why Java EE over .NET?

i really appreciate u looking into it..
Re: JSF Support in Galileo [message #641288 is a reply to message #640384] Wed, 24 November 2010 18:24 Go to previous message
Ian Trimble is currently offline Ian TrimbleFriend
Not being able to find FacesContext indicates that you don't have JSF libraries available on the project's classpath. Either get those libraries into WEB-INF/lib, or use the JSF facet to make life simpler for yourself. I'm not clear why you are trying to use JSF tags without JSF libraries.
Previous Topic:Invalid EL expression warning? Possible bug?
Next Topic:Clean Build does not work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:08:02 GMT 2024