Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Stack elements being something other than an MItemPart?
Stack elements being something other than an MItemPart? [message #495475] Thu, 05 November 2009 01:44
Dave Combs is currently offline Dave CombsFriend
I was trying to figure out how to use Application.xmi for the following issue:

I have a stack, and each page in the stack has to have both a list of data (which is nicely handled by a view with table viewer) and a sub-stack of several detail tabs that change their data depending on the particular item in the list that is selected. Your typical master-detail style layout. Of some importance is that the sub-stack look should match the main-stack look.

The problem--MStacks require that all their "pages" be made up of MItemParts. I could create a view for each page, since a view can be done with an MContributedPart, but that means I have no way to style the view contents, and in particular the sub-stack, from Application.xmi, meaning I have to write a bunch of code to grab whatever the current styling is from somewhere, then apply it programmatically myself to the sub-stack elements.

I even tried making the main stack page be a Composite, but that's not allowed since a Composite isn't an MItemPart. Then, just for grins, I tried making the page out of an MWindow, but was unsure if that actually was workable, or the system would expect that an MWindow should be popped up or live or otherwise not workable.

Given the way Application.xmi works, is there any way I can get the result I'm looking for beyond just hand-coding the view contents?

Any pointers would be appreciated!
Dave
Previous Topic:how does one set height of contributed part (view)
Next Topic:Stack elements being something other than an MItemPart?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:23:51 GMT 2024