Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » HTML auto-indent not working
HTML auto-indent not working [message #495473] Thu, 05 November 2009 01:31 Go to next message
Greg Ederer is currently offline Greg EdererFriend
Hi,

HTML auto-indent isn't working for me (also doesn't work when I have HTML embedded in JSPs). I tried setting the indent size in Web -> HTML Files -> Editor. But, this has no effect. Any suggestions?

Greg
Re: HTML auto-indent not working [message #495631 is a reply to message #495473] Thu, 05 November 2009 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Tewksbury is currently offline Ian TewksburyFriend
What version of Eclipse and WTP are you running?

By Auto indent do you mean that when you hit enter after a start tag it is not auto indenting to the next level?

Thanks,

~Ian
Re: HTML auto-indent not working [message #495651 is a reply to message #495631] Thu, 05 November 2009 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg Ederer is currently offline Greg EdererFriend
Hi,

I'm actually running Springsource Tool Suite. Eclipse Platform: 3.5.1. WTP: 3.1.1.

Thanks!

Greg

Re: HTML auto-indent not working [message #496285 is a reply to message #495651] Mon, 09 November 2009 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg,

Currently the implementation of Auto indent is that when a new line is created (such as when pressing the ENTER key) the new line should be at the same indentation level as the previous line.

If your problem is that when you create a new line it is not created at the same indentation level as the previous line then that is a bug. If you were hoping that the new line would be automatically indented another indentation level under the previous line, that is currently not the functionality. If the problem is the former then that is a bug that should be reported on Bugzilla, if the latter then you could submit an Enhancement request on Bugzilla as well.

As for the "indent size" setting, as you will notice that setting is under the "Formatting" group. Thus the setting refers to the type and size of the indents used when using the document formater on an HTML document.

~Ian

Ian Tewksbury
WTP JavaScript Tools
IBM Rational
-----
“When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” ~Leonardo da Vinci
Re: HTML auto-indent not working [message #496292 is a reply to message #496285] Mon, 09 November 2009 15:54 Go to previous message
Greg,

I just did some searching and there is currently a bug open for auto indenting the new line an additional level under the previous line.
Bug 109046 (https://bugs.eclipse.org/109046)

~Ian

Ian Tewksbury
WTP JavaScript Tools
IBM Rational
-----
“When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” ~Leonardo da Vinci

[Updated on: Mon, 09 November 2009 15:54]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:frequent StructuredDocumentRegionManagementException errors
Next Topic:Status of Bug 160220
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:03:56 GMT 2024