Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » P2 dev » P2 and Categories definition
P2 and Categories definition [message #495060] Tue, 03 November 2009 16:51 Go to next message
Maxence Vanbesien is currently offline Maxence VanbesienFriend
Hello All,

At first, I hope I write this new message in the right topic. Unless dno't hesistate to move it.

I am currently trying to generate metadata for an existing repository (plugins & features).
Thus, I followed what is described in the P2/Publisher eclipse wiki page (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Publisher) and everything's fine except that I don't manage to deal with the categories definition.

In fact, I developped an Eclipse plugin that is supposed to generate the metadata, and I am using the Publisher Actions from the org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher. (Eclipse version is 3.5.0.I20090611-1540 and p2publisher plugin version is 1.0.0.v20090527-1812) to perform such jobs.

In the wiki page, I see that, in order to manage the categories, I have to use the "SiteXMLAction" action of the plugin, but it simply does not exist in it.

Do you know if this is normal ? and if true, what should I use instead ?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,
[SOLVED] P2 and Categories definition [message #495064 is a reply to message #495060] Tue, 03 November 2009 17:06 Go to previous message
Maxence Vanbesien is currently offline Maxence VanbesienFriend
I just remarked that the SiteXMLAction (as the CategoryXMLAction) is not located in the ~.publisher plugin but in the ~.updatesite plugins.

Sorry for inconvenience.
Previous Topic:OSGi "uses" tag integration
Next Topic:How to find IU(org.eclipse.equinox.executable_root) when headless building.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:44:44 GMT 2024