Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » debug with attached sources: 2 tabs opened ".class" and ".java"(when a breakpoint hit a new ".java" tab is opened. some debugging features not working)
debug with attached sources: 2 tabs opened ".class" and ".java" [message #494133] Thu, 29 October 2009 10:39 Go to next message
leniviy  is currently offline leniviy Friend
Hi. I have attached the sources to a jar file. Opened a class in editor (the tab name was "SomeClass.class") and put a breakpoint at some function. When the breakpoint hit, Eclipse opend another tab "SomeClass.java" and highlighted the breakpoint line.
This is the same for eclipse 3.4.2 and 3.5. I even reinstalled them.

The breakpoint icon isn't visible in the ".java" tab, only the highlighted line.

When hovering the mouse pointer, I can see the function arguments values, but they're not evaluated in the "Expressions" view.

Breakpoint conditions code assist works, but the condition isn't respected. The breakpoint always hits on 3.4.2.
On eclipse 3.5 after I add conditions, it shows the error message: "Unable to compile conditional breakpoint - missing Java project context".
Re: debug with attached sources: 2 tabs opened ".class" and ".java" [message #550192 is a reply to message #494133] Thu, 29 July 2010 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander JesseFriend
No news on this question?

I observe the same problem with Eclipse 3.5 (some plugins are not yet 3.6 ready). With Eclipse 3.3 conditional breakpoints work perfect. 3.5 results in the same compilation error.
Re: debug with attached sources: 2 tabs opened ".class" and ".java" [message #642455 is a reply to message #550192] Wed, 01 December 2010 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tuukka Mustonen is currently offline Tuukka MustonenFriend
Just bumped into this with Eclipse 3.6. I can confirm the very same behavior. I have downloaded the sources via m2eclipse plugin, but I don't think it matters.

This is the only relevant thread I get on this issue. Has anybody found a workaround for this (other than removing the sources from the project, which I don't want to do)? Or has a ticket been opened perhaps?
Re: debug with attached sources: 2 tabs opened ".class" and ".java" [message #642473 is a reply to message #494133] Wed, 01 December 2010 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
leniviy  is currently offline leniviy Friend
is java file newer than class file?
Re: debug with attached sources: 2 tabs opened ".class" and ".java" [message #642651 is a reply to message #642473] Thu, 02 December 2010 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tuukka Mustonen is currently offline Tuukka MustonenFriend
No, they are the same (at least should be, as maven downloads a source package that responds the version number of the JAR)
Re: debug with attached sources: 2 tabs opened ".class" and ".java" [message #684459 is a reply to message #642651] Wed, 15 June 2011 15:50 Go to previous message
eclipsed  is currently offline eclipsed Friend
I was facing the same problem and then found out that the source zip file which I was attaching to the jar file was from a project which was not a java project. I converted that project to a Java project and the problem was solved.
Previous Topic:trying to use a local cvs as repository for eclipse
Next Topic:How to stop comments from collapsing with function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:01:10 GMT 2024