Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 Tools » What do I have to do to to copy/move a UML diagram to a related project?
What do I have to do to to copy/move a UML diagram to a related project? [message #493053] Thu, 22 October 2009 20:33 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I have a project that was checked out from the trunk of SVN of a particular project. I had created a class diagram with UML2Tools. I since checked out from the same project, but on a branch. I want to copy or move the UML diagram that I had created in the first project to the second project.

I didn't get an error when I copied and pasted the component from the Project Explorer, but it looks slightly different in the Package Explorer at where I copied it to, and when I try to open it up in the editor, it has the graphic components in the same places, but all the names are gone.

The original component name was "amss.umlclass", and this was in the "foo-trunk" project (name changed slightly). I copied it into the "foo" project, and now the name of the component was "L/foo/amss.umlclass". The copied component had the same number of levels in the Project Explorer, but they all said "Unresolved domain element ...".

I'll create a bug report for this as soon as I get some guidance from here on what exactly is happening here.
Re: What do I have to do to to copy/move a UML diagram to a related project? [message #493058 is a reply to message #493053] Thu, 22 October 2009 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I even tried creating a separate diagram in the other project, and just copying the graphic pieces from the old one to the new one. I then closed the original project, and then tried to save the new diagram. It failed, saying that "project foo-trunk is not open". Yay. Now I'm going to proceed to completely reconstruct the new diagram from scratch, without copying anything.
Re: What do I have to do to to copy/move a UML diagram to a related project? [message #625099 is a reply to message #493053] Thu, 22 October 2009 21:09 Go to previous message
I even tried creating a separate diagram in the other project, and just copying the graphic pieces from the old one to the new one. I then closed the original project, and then tried to save the new diagram. It failed, saying that "project foo-trunk is not open". Yay. Now I'm going to proceed to completely reconstruct the new diagram from scratch, without copying anything.
Previous Topic:What do I have to do to to copy/move a UML diagram to a related project?
Next Topic:Why can't I set the type of an attribute to "Date" or "java.util.Date"?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:04:03 GMT 2024