Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Diagram partitioning: How to close the related diagram of an object deleted from main diagram ?
Diagram partitioning: How to close the related diagram of an object deleted from main diagram ? [message #492974] Thu, 22 October 2009 14:47 Go to next message
Jerome Correnoz is currently offline Jerome CorrenozFriend
Hi,

I'm implementing the Diagram partitioning such as described here: [url=http://wiki.eclipse.org/Diagram_Partitioning] and Usecase 1 "same type".

This works fine: when I double-click on an elements associated with the opening diagram, this opens a new diagram editor for this element. Fine !

But I have the following issue: When deleting this element from the first (main) diagram, the related diagram editor is still opened. This could cause some later issue when trying to use the opened related diagram...

How to manage it ? I've thought about closing the editor for the related diagram (if any, how to do it?) but there is maybe another native way to do it. Could someone help me ?

Regards,
Jerome

Re: Diagram partitioning: How to close the related diagram of an object deleted from main diagram ? [message #495089 is a reply to message #492974] Tue, 03 November 2009 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Shatalin is currently offline Alex ShatalinFriend
Hello Jerome,

It's not supported by GMF-generated code right now.
You have to write code deleting all the associated diagrams on element deletion
+ close corresponding diagram editors.

-----------------
Alex Shatalin
Re: Diagram partitioning: How to close the related diagram of an object deleted from main diagram ? [message #500855 is a reply to message #495089] Sun, 29 November 2009 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: jerome.correnoz.free.fr

Hi Alex,

I'm implementing our own code to delete associated diagrams and close the
corresponding editors.

Thanks for your answer.

Jerome

"Alex Shatalin" <shatalin@gmail.com> a
Re: Diagram partitioning: How to close the related diagram of an object deleted from main diagram ? [message #526926 is a reply to message #492974] Tue, 13 April 2010 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Due to other priorities, I've had to put this development in sleep. Now it comes back...

Could someone please tell me how to delete deleting all the associated diagrams on element deletion ?

Thanks,
Jerome
Re: Diagram partitioning: How to close the related diagram of an object deleted from main diagram ? [message #526961 is a reply to message #495089] Tue, 13 April 2010 15:11 Go to previous message
Hi all,

I've had to put this task in background due to other priorities, now it's coming back...

Could someone please tell me how to deleted the associated diagrams ?

Regards,
Jerome
Re: Diagram partitioning: How to close the related diagram of an object deleted from main diagram ? [message #526963 is a reply to message #526926] Tue, 13 April 2010 15:09 Go to previous message
Esteban Dugueperoux is currently offline Esteban DugueperouxFriend
Hi Jerome,

I think you can use AbstractEditHelper generated subclasses in
*.edit.helpers package. Some of these generated subclasses are used when
you delete a element, and these subclasses are provided to be
customized. For example you could modify
___BaseEditHelper.getDestroyElementCommand() method to delete all
associated elements, including graphical models.

Jerome Correnoz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Due to other priorities, I've had to put this development in sleep. Now
> it comes back...
>
> Could someone please tell me how to delete deleting all the associated
> diagrams on element deletion ?
>
> Thanks,
> Jerome
Previous Topic:IP Dok