Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » buttons in dialogs are not click-able
buttons in dialogs are not click-able [message #492678] Wed, 21 October 2009 11:13 Go to next message
Yuriy Malchenko is currently offline Yuriy MalchenkoFriend
Hi!

Recently (after some gtk2+ update, I guess) I started to experience this kind of problem in Eclipse: in dialogs buttons are not click-able. If I use a keyboard shortcut - it works as supposed, but when I click it with the mouse - nothing happens (although button redraws with click animation, etc). It doesn't happen in every dialog. Just a few minutes ago it happened in the "New project" dialog. And AFAIR I saw this behavior in the "Install new software" dialog, and in a few other dialogs as well.

I use Arch Linux, gtk2 version 2.18.2.

Has anybody seen such things happening?
Re: buttons in dialogs are not click-able [message #492683 is a reply to message #492678] Wed, 21 October 2009 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Schulman is currently offline Andrew SchulmanFriend
> Hi!
>
> Recently (after some gtk2+ update, I guess) I started to experience this kind of problem in Eclipse: in dialogs buttons are not click-able. If I use a keyboard shortcut - it works as supposed, but when I click it with the mouse - nothing happens (although button redraws with click animation, etc). It doesn't happen in every dialog. Just a few minutes ago it happened in the "New project" dialog. And AFAIR I saw this behavior in the "Install new software" dialog, and in a few other dialogs as well.
>
> I use Arch Linux, gtk2 version 2.18.2.
>
> Has anybody seen such things happening?

Yes, many: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=291257. You have to
set GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true in your environment as a workaround, until the
problem is solved.

--
To reply by email, change "deadspam.com" to "alumni.utexas.net"
Re: buttons in dialogs are not click-able [message #492695 is a reply to message #492683] Wed, 21 October 2009 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yuriy Malchenko is currently offline Yuriy MalchenkoFriend
Thanks a lot! Smile
Re: buttons in dialogs are not click-able [message #492713 is a reply to message #492695] Wed, 21 October 2009 13:28 Go to previous message
Andrew Schulman is currently offline Andrew SchulmanFriend
> Thanks a lot! :)

No problem. I reported one of the large-and-ever-growing-number of
duplicates to that report :|

--
To reply by email, change "deadspam.com" to "alumni.utexas.net"
Previous Topic:Hooking into "Team -> Create Patch..."?
Next Topic:Launching help window from welcome screen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:27:08 GMT 2024