Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Help Contents breaks(The Help Contents in Galileo and Ganymede breaks maybe caused by add-ons)
icon8.gif  Help Contents breaks [message #492613] Wed, 21 October 2009 06:05 Go to next message
Tech PhD is currently offline Tech PhDFriend
The attached pictures says it all.
I installed Eclipse Galileo and the help contents interface is broken. The index is missing and images for the buttons are also missing. None of it works
I had the same problem with the old Ganymede version.

Good news is I have eliminated all factors except the add-ons / extra installed software within Eclipse via the "Install New Software" feature.

I played around with directory renaming and that is not the problem.
Does anyone know which software might have broken things?

The included images shows two installs running using the same blank workspace. The one where help works is the JEE installed version and the broken one is after installing several add ons. So, something happened to break things. Not security issue or firewall or java version or ....

I can list what is installed but first thought I would see if someone had the answer which I have not found searching all over.

Also, on the Welcome window the "What's new", Samples, and Tutorials don't do anything when clicked on. I've seen people mention this one as just broken but surprising. Any way to fix that or does the new Galileo version not have any samples, tutorials, etc.

You'll have to trust me on the picture - won't seem to let me upload the image so here it is in small version (squint and you will be a vs. b version)
http://images.craigslist.org/3nd3m43o35Qd5P95R69akc944ae4fa9 ee1bbf.jpg
http://images.craigslist.org/3nd3m43o35Qd5P95R69akc944ae4fa9 ee1bbf.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 21 October 2009 06:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help Contents breaks [message #493581 is a reply to message #492613] Tue, 27 October 2009 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
None of the 128 readers at this point had a solution.
So ... removed plug-ins one at a time until the trouble maker was found.
Drum roll please .........
JavaFX killed my help.
Specifically this jar file once removed restored help to its working glory.
com.sun.javafx.eclipse.core_1.2.0.200905280115.jar

Hope this helps others,
A
Re: Help Contents breaks [message #513078 is a reply to message #493581] Mon, 08 February 2010 18:18 Go to previous message
The new release of JavaFX broke my Help upon update.
I removed the file
com.sun.javafx.eclipse.core_1.2.1.201001061639.jar
and Help works again.

A few months later and the problem still exists with JavaFX, strangely. no one else is having this problem. Or at least not commenting on it or enough for Sun to fix it. Please post a response if this has helped / you have seen this same problem.
Previous Topic:file format of .project
Next Topic:worspace indication
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:01:41 GMT 2024